| FTBL Coach Deboer said Alabama and Him will have chip on their shoulder!

Lot of talk.
Action ..... action ....
Oline blocking
Backs protecting QB

just dont want to see hype overriding capabilities
I don't think that's the case right now with the coaching staff. I know they are working extremely hard. Everyone worked, and is continuing to work. I think it's good to hear this kind of stuff at this time of the year, especially with new staff. Just sit back and enjoy this spring. you won't get full answers this spring, but you'll get just enough to know this team will be okay heading into summer.

Lot of talk.
Action ..... action ....
Oline blocking
Backs protecting QB

just dont want to see hype overriding capabilities
When he made the comment they didn't even know when spring camp was going to start. What you are seeing is that comment being recycled by different news outlets. I want to say ABC News had the same report about a month after DeBoer said that on McAfee's show.

Back it up Terry! @TerryP I know you know!
Learning just like the rest of us.

One thing I did catch through three practices...something we talked about a few weeks ago.

I suggested the closest comparison for the offense would be Kansas City. I strongly suspect we're going to see a lot of 12 personnel motioning into an 11 look.

Oh, two things. From what I've read from around the 'net it seems like a lot of folks think this offense is going to come out in a lot of four/five wide sets. I'd be willing to bet we'll be able to count, on one hand, the number of times we see a set with zero TE's (10 personnel look.)

One difference this spring compared to last...while we'd be seeing a lot of fundamental work if Saban were still at the helm it's been install, install, install.

That said ...

Wiggins did a good job over the last five years with the WR's. We saw a drop off the last few years with varying reasons as to why. I don't believe it's all on CHW.

I DO believe Shepard is going to be a refreshing change. @Brandon Van de Graaff mentioned Law. I've been pointing to Odom. With the other guys in the wings they have a chance to be good. The last three days of practice answered one question: they have the depth.

In my opinion, it's reasonable to keep an eye on the portal; quarterbacks. I suspect the staff has their eye out.

The other day I mentioned Domani ... "see what a little coaching can do." I find Hitschler and LInguist to be an interesting combination for the defensive backfield. We already know what kind of athletes these guys are: we know how young a lot of them are as well. (I WISH they had an All-22 for A-day.)

I don't think that's the case right now with the coaching staff. I know they are working extremely hard. Everyone worked, and is continuing to work. I think it's good to hear this kind of stuff at this time of the year, especially with new staff. Just sit back and enjoy this spring. you won't get full answers this spring, but you'll get just enough to know this team will be okay heading into summer.
Probably be fall before we truely know.
Everyone is undefeated til then

Going to be a lot of speculation and hype about this team leading into the summer and fall. I learned over the years to ignore the hype because a new coaching staff that is installing a new system will take time. Year one will have some ups and downs. Maybe at a place like Bama with the great shape CNS left it the downs will not be as bad but there are going to be some.

It would suck if that speculation and hype were unfounded. 🤷‍♂️

Can you say it is?
Nope but history has shown it is. I have heard a lot of talk about how great something is going to be w/o the filter of common sense. Just believe history has shown first year coaches have ups and downs even the great ones. I expect the same here so I ignore all of the glowing hype. Well maybe not ignore but take it with a grain of salt.

My horizon is the first year and maybe 2nd. Long term I fully expect him to be sucessful. Just do not think it is going to be as smooth as some of the hype next year.
Okay. I'm still going with my question, "who?"

If you look around over the last few years you'll see some coaches hyped that went on to do well (Meyer, Smart, Sark, et al.) We also seen some hyped and crash (Harsin and Napier come to mind.)

But look at this. Most of the time college football fans are correct: they recognize hype that's manufactured versus what's real.

I see two different groups today. One that's looking at this team and staff empirically and the other through the lens of others and their narratives.

Back
Top Bottom