| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Christmas Movies

I show my students the 1953 version of A Christmas Carol. Alistair Sim nails the role of Scrooge in that one.

AMC has been showing Home Alone all week. That movie doesn't ever get old.

I used to like watching A Christmas Story, but after seeing it on tv repeatedly all Christmas Eve the last two years, it does get a bit tired.

Christmas Vacation by far.

I finally saw this recently and thought it was pretty good. Some of the humor is not my cup of tea but oh well.

I show my students the 1953 version of A Christmas Carol. Alistair Sim nails the role of Scrooge in that one.

AMC has been showing Home Alone all week. That movie doesn't ever get old.

I used to like watching A Christmas Story, but after seeing it on tv repeatedly all Christmas Eve the last two years, it does get a bit tired.

I haven't seen the '53 version in a looooong time. I have thought about picking that up from the store to put with my other Christmas flicks I have.

Yeah,I love Home Alone. Just watched that again yesterday.

I know what you mean about A Christmas Story. I saw that on TV last year too...multiple times. Otherwise it is pretty good.

Please tell me this wasn't your first time ever seeing Christmas Vacation.

I may have seen it some time back. If I did it was so long ago that I don't recall it.The most of what seemed familiar is what is shown in the trailer.

There have been a few movies that had seen and knew I had seen them but couldn't remember anything about them. This is probably/possibly one of a few that I don't even remember seeing before.

How many of you have caught this in the movie?

Cops come in, she shakes the hand, then places her hand right back...I didn't catch it the first few times I watched the movie.

Christmas-Vacation-christmas-movies-17912222-900-506.jpg

i know it's a bit after christmas, but i thought i'd post in here anyway.

there are several movies i always watch starting december 1st on through christmas.

christmas vacation (i still laugh at this movie even though i've seen it about 20 times)
elf
the santa clause
the santa clause 2: the mrs. clause
the santa clause 3: the escape clause
home alone
home alone 2: lost in new york
miracle on 34th street (the original)
die hard (yeah i know, but it's set during christmastime)
die hard 2: die harder (same reason as before)
a charlie brown christmas
rudolph the red nose reindeer
santa clause is comin' to town
frosty the snowman
the year without a santa clause

i also have disney's the muppet christmas carol, prep & landing, prep & landing: naughty and nice as well as the nightmare before christmas, but i haven't watched those in a while. i need to put them back in the rotation starting this year.

^ Practically all of those are definitely must see every year at Christmas. Nice list. Most of them I see on TV every year and one I have on Blu-Ray. I want to get a few more on BD before next season.

Back
Top Bottom