| FTBL Check this out gang. Wonder if McElwaine and Saban ..

I

imported_porkchop

...adopt this offense? :lol:

Saw this posted on another site. It's a new offensive set being used mostly out here in California where every player on the offense is a potentially eligible receiver. It's perfectly legal but it's so outdated and unused that no one has seen it in years. Basically it's a rules loophole that allowes teams to exploit a kicking formation that makes everyone potentially eligible provided no one lines up under center. Pretty wild!

http://www.a11offense.com/

Chop, I realize you're kidding.

I dunno. It's interesting, but did you watch the video? It looked pretty puny in the red zone -- god knows we don't need any of that. It also looked like by the end of the first half they were using more traditional 6-man fronts to move the ball and mix it up.

It looked pretty QB-dependent as well. I could see Florida using it with Tebow, but JPW with a 3-man front? He'd get eaten alive.

It looked pretty effective for a quick screen. What I don't understand is why they kept going 4-wide on the left side for a right-handed QB. The defense kept flushing him to his left and it wasn't that pretty.

Nevertheless, very interesting. Must be June. :wink:

Yeah I can imagine you'd have some problems in the red zone with that one. All spread attacks seem a little deficient in that area of the field but no spread attack is quite like this one. :lol:

That kind of spread will work in the WAC or Mountain West or something, but not the SEC. That would be quite interesting for sure, but.....NO.....LOL.

JP would for sure be lost. I know our new O-Coordinator is a pass it type of guy...but, i think for JPW to be effective.....we have got to have a strong running game.

The best passing game is a good running game. I strongly believe that. BTW, i dont think we have the WR corp to run that type of wide open O.

Just my ideas.

porkchop said:
...adopt this offense? :lol:

Saw this posted on another site. It's a new offensive set being used mostly out here in California where every player on the offense is a potentially eligible receiver. It's perfectly legal but it's so outdated and unused that no one has seen it in years. Basically it's a rules loophole that allowes teams to exploit a kicking formation that makes everyone potentially eligible provided no one lines up under center. Pretty wild!

http://www.a11offense.com/

I can think of two SEC west coaches crazy enough to try it.

GoodScotch said:
I got to think Saban cringes when he sees that.

Unless the other team lines up that way.

I know this is sort of a joke topic but there are a few interesting possibilities with a formation like this. It would require TOTAL speed everywhere though.

Funny read and good post 'Chop!

rtauburnsucks said:
That kind of spread will work in the WAC or Mountain West or something, but not the SEC.

that's what they used to say about Urban Meyer's offense ... until he won a national title in his second year and produced the youngest heisman trophy winner ever in his third year.

musso said:
rtauburnsucks said:
That kind of spread will work in the WAC or Mountain West or something, but not the SEC.

that's what they used to say about Urban Meyer's offense ... until he won a national title in his second year and produced the youngest heisman trophy winner ever in his third year.

Meyer runs a spread, your right....but not that kinda of spread. Not where he has only 3 lineman and the rest are backs.

Back
Top Bottom