| NEWS Check out the Heisman Trophy odds after Week 14 of the college football season, and which players are beginning to separate themselves.

Four Heisman candidates

Who'd have bet at the time that #10 would be most likely to win it?

View attachment 16063
From the picture it looks like all 3 are going to throw to Devonta and he will catch one pass with each hand and the 3rd with his foot? Seeing some of his Houdini like catches it might be possible :). The broadcasters were comparing him to Lynn Swann this past weekend. Was an interesting comparison. I might have said more like Lynn Swann's partner John Stallworth.

From the picture it looks like all 3 are going to throw to Devonta and he will catch one pass with each hand and the 3rd with his foot? Seeing some of his Houdini like catches it might be possible :). The broadcasters were comparing him to Lynn Swann this past weekend. Was an interesting comparison. I might have said more like Lynn Swann's partner John Stallworth.

Both were great receivers......Swan was most graceful player i have ever seen catching a football...like willie Mays making plays in the outfield in baseball...
Say Hey...Willie Mays

I wonder if Mac Jones may lose some votes due to Devonta and Najee? Could this split votes enough to prevent Mac from winning?
There seems to be a lot of angst here about Smitty taking votes away from Mac.

Break that down for a few minutes and tell me how that would work.

#1 votes gets three points, #2 gets two, and #3 gets one. If Mac gets voted ahead of Trask and Trask ahead of Devonta, Smith's votes don't impact either. The only way DS has a role here is if he's voted ahead of Mac and Trask is ahead of both. A Trask, Mac, Smitty order isn't Smitty affecting Mac.

There seems to be a lot of angst here about Smitty taking votes away from Mac.

Break that down for a few minutes and tell me how that would work.

#1 votes gets three points, #2 gets two, and #3 gets one. If Mac gets voted ahead of Trask and Trask ahead of Devonta, Smith's votes don't impact either. The only way DS has a role here is if he's voted ahead of Mac and Trask is ahead of both. A Trask, Mac, Smitty order isn't Smitty affecting Mac.
I am thinking Smitty ahead of Mac with some voters so he is taking votes away.

I am thinking Smitty ahead of Mac with some voters so he is taking votes away.

This was the result of this week’s Heisman straw poll from writers at The Athletic... If the actual voting comes anywhere close to reflecting this sample, and I bet it will, they will absolutely split votes which would help Trask. I still say though that the SECCG will go a long way to determine who wins.

QB Kyle Trask - Florida
1st- 15
2nd- 20
3rd- 3
Total- 88

QB Mac Jones - Alabama
1st- 13
2nd- 11
3rd- 8
Total- 69

WR DeVonta Smith - Alabama
1st- 12