Member Bets Challenge: 10K says BYU will cover the 11.5 vs SMU tonight (Friday.)

@TerryP , random question I've been thinking about. How's ai going to affect betting, assuming one is developed that's really accurate? Don't think anything will ever be 100% but say one gets to 70% or so.

@TerryP , random question I've been thinking about. How's ai going to affect betting, assuming one is developed that's really accurate? Don't think anything will ever be 100% but say one gets to 70% or so.
I can see it having an effect on User Interface, but as far as winning percentages? You know what they say, "AI is only as good as the person entering the algorithms." I don't see many software engineers that are good at looking at a ball game and getting a feel for how it'll go: too many intangibles can be found.

I can see it having an effect on User Interface, but as far as winning percentages? You know what they say, "AI is only as good as the person entering the algorithms." I don't see many software engineers that are good at looking at a ball game and getting a feel for how it'll go: too many intangibles can be found.
Yeah I guess it's going to depend on its learning capabilities. I would think it could/ should be more accurate than humans purely based on time. It should be able to run every individual match-up possibility for every play along with tendencies so I would think it should be more accurate. Too much time on my hands I guess.

Yeah I guess it's going to depend on its learning capabilities. I would think it could/ should be more accurate than humans purely based on time. It should be able to run every individual match-up possibility for every play along with tendencies so I would think it should be more accurate. Too much time on my hands I guess.
This technology is already available: before AI was in the news. Now, it's not good in the first few weeks (just like Vegas isn't) but as you get deeper into the season you can compare things like "transitive wins" when looking at all the possibilities of OOC and SOS. Up to date injury reports are easily found. The 'data/stats' are already available as well.

BUT, there is one thing I do see AI having an effect upon. How quickly, and how easily (as in one site or one page,) it will be to process and update all of this information.

For example, let's imagine we're wagering on 10 games at 3:30. At 3:20, and even a little later, you'd find out about all 10 games: who injured, who is taking first team reps, weather (would be a BIG one with MLB.)

Back
Top Bottom