| FTBL CFN: Heisman Trophy: Final Thoughts On Who Will Win, How The Vote Will Go

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
2. QB Mac Jones, Alabama
It’s TOTALLY unfair and absolutely wrong, but I get the general sense that too many voters think of him as just the guy who happens to be the quarterback for Alabama. And why? John Parker Wilson, Jacob Coker, Blake Sims, AJ McCarron, Greg McElroy – Bama won a ton with very good quarterbacks before Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa took things to a whole other level. All Jones did was have the most efficient passing season in the history of college football, but …

1. WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama
Again, I’m guessing and predicting here. Everyone likes to talk about the possibility of the Alabama guys splitting votes, but I think it’s going to be the quarterbacks who split them up and allow Smith to rise up and win it.

Smith will be No. 1 on enough ballots to matter, but he’ll probably be the one guy who’s in everyone’s top three. Meanwhile, those other two spots will be taken up by Trask, Jones and Lawrence in some way, but again, they’ll be split up enough to allow Smith to get the points to be named your 2020 Heisman Trophy winner.

Back
Top Bottom