| FTBL “Cause & effect tell us that when one thing changes something else must change with it. In the case of expanded playoffs, the change will come with...

What's the point of the UGA game when you could see them again in ATL and then again in the playoffs. Those first two games, including a SEC title game, mean nothing.
@OldPlayer

Ok. So all CF Ps is about bama... i get it...

Bama has been 2 lost team. That damn well could have been a NC contender...

But one thing that is true.... a 2 lost team could be in sec championship game...
And a lost there may kick them outta CFPs.... that may happen ...
Could have been 2 early losses... injured QB early...and come on strong ....
Freak loss... somewhere...

No matter what..how.....when..where..what for... people gonna bitch if this new format isnt their "cup of tea"...older fans mostly...probably...( we bitch about a lot of things these days)

I still say...12 to many...automatic bids...wrong... 16 way to many... but
Yep..some diluted regular season...but gonna make greater post season..
Where bowls ( that a lot of players didn't want to participate) were filling in weekends..
Will have CFP games...that are loser go home..
Basketball isnt diluted..nor softball nor baseball...

@Rsedge72
Sitting out starters...might happen...i doubt it though...games are important...rivalry games... but might rest a banged up player...
i dont think we will see the cfps more important that rivals... but not big-time schools ..they may do it... for money....

But in this environment..changing environment.... what the future holds??????

I remember how many peoplebitched about CFP format...the committee concept...
And for most part worked pretty good...( dont ask fsu though)...
See what happens...as we go forward

Last edited:
@OldPlayer

Ok. So all CF Ps is about bama... i get it...

Bama has been 2 lost team. That damn well could have been a NC contender...

But one thing that is true.... a 2 lost team could be in sec championship game...
And a lost there may kick them outta CFPs.... that may happen ...
Could have been 2 early losses... injured QB early...and come on strong ....
Freak loss... somewhere...

No matter what..how.....when..where..what for... people gonna bitch if this new format isnt their "cup of tea"...older fans mostly...probably...( we bitch about a lot of things these days)

I still say...12 to many...automatic bids...wrong... 16 way to many... but
Yep..some diluted regular season...but gonna make greater post season..
Where bowls ( that a lot of players didn't want to participate) were filling in weekends..
Will have CFP games...that are loser go home..
Basketball isnt diluted..nor softball nor baseball...

@Rsedge72
Sitting out starters...might happen...i doubt it though...games are important...rivalry games... but might rest a banged up player...
i dont think we will see the cfps more important that rivals... but not big-time schools ..they may do it... for money....

But in this environment..changing environment.... what the future holds??????

I remember how many peoplebitched about CFP format...the committee concept...
And for most part worked pretty good...( dont ask fsu though)...
See what happens...as we go forward
I see your points, but rivalries mean way less than $$$$$$$$$$$ nowadays…..

The iron bowl still has huge ratings, that’s why it will stay. Not for rivalries sake for sure.

The iron bowl still has huge ratings, that’s why it will stay. Not for rivalries sake for sure.
Let's say we're going into the weekend of the Alabama v Auburn game and both teams are 11-0. Both have a guaranteed spot in the SECCG. Both have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs.

What's the point of the game?

Let's add another...say UF is 11-0 and they haven't played Bama or Auburn. It'll get down to a coin flip scenario at some point. That's not being settled on the field.

Let's say we're going into the weekend of the Alabama v Auburn game and both teams are 11-0. Both have a guaranteed spot in the SECCG. Both have a guaranteed spot in the playoffs.

What's the point of the game?

Let's add another...say UF is 11-0 and they haven't played Bama or Auburn. It'll get down to a coin flip scenario at some point. That's not being settled on the field.

The question is will people tune in to watch two second and third strings go at it? The television numbers will have to support this or it'll be a disaster. All of this was done for for television money. I bet rules will be set in place like in the NBA for resting players.

I see your points, but rivalries mean way less than $$$$$$$$$$$ nowadays…..

Some rivalries anyway.
Some schools dumped them ....
Nebraska-okla
Texas-AnM
Pitt-pennstate
Etc

Thats why ...we shall see...
And like @TerryP Says. "$$$$$$$$". Which we can't disagree

But...for me n others. Its not just about championships. Even Terry admits going to games or watching...that are not championship involved.

As i do...stadiums are full of people that love football....pee-wee. High school...division 3 .....

Some even like bowl games

But...for me n others. Its not just about championships. Even Terry admits going to games or watching...that are not championship involved.
Here's where you are confusing me. It's a football game. Is it the sport, or a brand name you are following?

The changes are creating meaningless games. No, let me change that. The changes HAVE created meaningless games...in the regular season.

Back
Top Bottom