| FTBL Can You Believe This?

Riles

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/m...sports/1189070176272930.xml&coll=3&thispage=2

Some freshmen adjust easily to a redshirt year, but it didn't come naturally to Dial, who was the quarterback and multi-purpose star for his father's youth teams and an all-state, four-year starter at UMS-Wright...A fierce practice player dubbed "the craziest" by Walker, Dial's honed approach on the field didn't fit in with the laid-back attitude presented by former coach Mike Shula.

After choosing Alabama over Florida State during his recruitment, Dial arrived to find that college practices weren't as tough as what he was doing in Mobile.

I've heard a lot about the Shula staff, but having their practices described by one of their own players as less intense than high school...wow. That's beyond sad. Thank God things have changed.

Riles said:
I've heard a lot about the Shula staff, but having their practices described by one of their own players as less intense than high school...wow. That's beyond sad. Thank God things have changed.

A guy I know on the team that used to play for Hoover said the same thing. He said practices at Hoover were MUCH harder than those under Shula. :?

Bamaman37 said:
Riles said:

A guy I know on the team that used to play for Hoover said the same thing. He said practices at Hoover were MUCH harder than those under Shula. :?

Could explain why we were so winded in the fourth quarter the past few years. :x

Its exactly why we were so winded in the 4th quarter. If you take care of the fundamentals of football ie penalties, blocking, conditioning etc, winning will take care of itself. If you don't you wind up with some joker from the cow college with big ears sticking up five fingers in your face.

Thank God for Nick Saban.

This just proves Shula didn't have a clue. He was hired just because of who he was. It also proves you never sent a kid to do a mans job.

BigAl said:
This just proves Shula didn't have a clue. He was hired just because of who he was. It also proves you never sent a kid to do a mans job.

It also proves that we couldn't get a "man" at the time.

I wish everyone would get past that let's bash Shula phase.

Back
Top Bottom