| PRO Cam vs Mac

Cam is who we thought he was. If forced to stand in the pocket he will struggle. He must rely on his legs some to be successful. He had a chance for a super bowl but chose self preservation over the “team” goal. There aren’t many times I believe a QB should put himself at risk of injury but if it’s for a team goal ,a championship , you haft to put it all on the line. That’s what EVERYONE on the team has been working for all year . Hell some people a full career and he blew it.

Mac is also who we think he is. If he is forced to move around consistently or haft to run to have time to throw the ball or get 1st downs , he will struggle (shit he can’t even slide) . He can step up and shift around but I don’t believe he’s going to be making a living rushing for 30 yards a game.

Last edited:
Newton’s accuracy has been (more) suspect since that 2nd shoulder surgery. He will either drop the nose of the football or float it. I think the latter is due to overcompensating for the tendency to drop the nose. The problem gets worse as he tries to add more velocity. It is what it is. Extremely talented athlete but he took too many hits and the shoulder ain’t coming back

I can't understand Newton's release and how it is considered NFL level. Kaepernick was a lot of the same way to me. Obviously good arm strength, but I never felt either had the release for success. Sure, your athleticism and size can take you pretty far, but it's the smaller things that establish you as great. I've never understood the infatuation with Newton. His year at Auburn was pretty damn amazing, but it was his size that carried him. He was a young buck that could still run when he was with the Panthers early on. He started getting older and losing that ability to run which was half his game, and relying on his arm has shown where his deficiencies are. His arm has never amazed me.

I could be 1000% wrong here, but if Mac wins the starting job, I don't think it will be a cohesive quarterback room as I feel Newton will pout and be a cancer. mac will be on his own, but you hope McDaniels and Belichik get his back as well as the rest of the offense.

Cam's ability to run the ball when needed got him to the top and not his passing ability. If Cam is the starter for all 17 games this season I don't believe NE will be close to a playoff slot. We'll learn more about Mac's position once the later July training camp gets underway. Rookie or not if Mac can't take the spot from the current QB's at NE then that will not bode well for him.

I can't understand Newton's release and how it is considered NFL level. Kaepernick was a lot of the same way to me. Obviously good arm strength, but I never felt either had the release for success. Sure, your athleticism and size can take you pretty far, but it's the smaller things that establish you as great. I've never understood the infatuation with Newton. His year at Auburn was pretty damn amazing, but it was his size that carried him. He was a young buck that could still run when he was with the Panthers early on. He started getting older and losing that ability to run which was half his game, and relying on his arm has shown where his deficiencies are. His arm has never amazed me.

I could be 1000% wrong here, but if Mac wins the starting job, I don't think it will be a cohesive quarterback room as I feel Newton will pout and be a cancer. mac will be on his own, but you hope McDaniels and Belichik get his back as well as the rest of the offense.
All that is accurate...but....starting year one in nfl is not always a good thing...

at least for awhile....

Back
Top Bottom