| FTBL Bring SHAKERS to Jax!

MobileBama

Verified Member
Make sure you bring some shakers to the game. This may sound obvious, but it would be great if every one had them. Also, if you have extras, please bring them for other Bama fans!

Maybe the school will have cheeleaders hand them out at the gates.
They use to have garbage cans full of them and hand them out at the ticket gate on your way in, when I was a student.

Would be nice to see a sea of shakers, since FSU doesn't do that kinda stuff.

Blah! Shakers need to go away. Its alot better to clap your hands and yell. Makes more noise than...

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

Less annoying to the people behind ya too. I hate getting slapped in the face with those due to over zealous fans. Like the harder you shake it the better the team does. :roll:

RollTideinGA said:
Blah! Shakers need to go away. Its alot better to clap your hands and yell. Makes more noise than...

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

Less annoying to the people behind ya too. I hate getting slapped in the face with those due to over zealous fans. Like the harder you shake it the better the team does. :roll:

PatrickMooreREX_228x336.jpg

Dad-blamed kids with their danged shakers and their long hair and their rock and roll music. Bah! Back in my day, we didn't have shakers! We had to clap until our hands bled!

:wink:

RollTideinGA said:

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

I banish thee to the nether regions, Heathern!!!

bamaupsman said:
RollTideinGA said:

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

Woo, banish me!!! :roll:

I always hear Bama fans gripe about crowd noise. And half the stands shake shakers rather than clapping and yelling. Many that fine plastic swooshing makes alot of noise.

Shakers= OVERRATED!!! :D

RollTideinGA said:
bamaupsman said:
RollTideinGA said:

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

I always hear Bama fans gripe about crowd noise. And half the stands shake shakers rather than clapping and yelling. Many that fine plastic swooshing makes alot of noise.

If you don't have a shaker, what do you stir your drink with?

PointnLaugh said:
RollTideinGA said:
bamaupsman said:
RollTideinGA said:

swoosh, swoosh, swoosh

If you don't have a shaker, what do you stir your drink with?

I do my drinkin pre-game.

I have to agree with GA, the shakers have very little purpose. The players cannot hear the subtle noise they make and the players are not watching the stands to see if the fans are shaking them. Therefore, the benefit is only for the fan. I also hate getting slapped by those darned things. Now if we flavor coated those things, I might change my mind.

reger60 said:
Wow! Never realized there was so much hate for the shakers. :shock:

Ever get hit in the face with one? Let me rephrase that. Ever get hit in the face with a wet one? Say from rain or someones drink spill.

I think they are great for pre-game when the band plays. But during the game I want to watch the game, nto plastic coming at me eye level cause someone doesnt care that people behind them are right there.

I'm just over them. I used to carry them to games, until I noticed how much of a pain they really are.

PointnLaugh

You are right! Thats what my wife always says. One end to cheer, one end to make cheer.

I still bring them becuase they are Alabama, its a sign of a Bama fan. I use them in pregame and little during the game, but when the game gets tight, I forget about it and it stays in the back pocket.

TWJUA said:
PointnLaugh

You are right! Thats what my wife always says. One end to cheer, one end to make cheer.

I still bring them becuase they are Alabama, its a sign of a Bama fan. I use them in pregame and little during the game, but when the game gets tight, I forget about it and it stays in the back pocket.

Shakers are bad luck for me right now. Of course so is eating, watching the jumbotron by The Zone, going to the Bryant museum before the game, and running into the team in any shape or form before the game. :shock: :? :wink:

If I go to the game tomorrow it's without a shaker.

Back
Top Bottom