| MBB/WBB Brandon Miller has received threats, accompanied by armed guard at NCAA tournament

By God, I pray this becomes a case study in journalism across America to stop this "gotta post this headline first" regardless of its truth/rumors.

And I hope Kai owns half the NY Times building when this is over.

I think that's a lot of it, especially given how so much of today's media is driven by clicks and views... it isn't like years ago when you had to wait for the 10 pm news or the local newspaper to land on your driveway at 5 am the next morning. But, IMO, a huge issue today with the media is their sourcing... More and more outlets that would be considered legitimate by most, are getting lazy, sloppy, and in many cases, purposefully deceitful in their use of sources. The old way of confirming things with multiple sources seems to be viewed by today's outlets as outdated. To make matters worse, anonymous sourcing, with zero corroboration, has become the norm for some like the NYT. How do you frame a story to fit a narrative? Well, that's a pretty good way, while creating yourself an out (although a flimsy one). In the end, it all goes back to those clicks and views though.... and watch... if, IF, the NYT's issues a retraction/correction, it'll be buried and won't get a tenth of the views that the original story generated.

I, like you, hope they, and several others, get dragged into court over some of this Miller stuff and end up with whatever the media equivalent is of living under the overpass and performing sexual favors for money is.

Much like the bandwidth wasted on all your posts regarding this issue. I guess everyone has their agenda much like yourself. The way I see it, you died on that Brandon Miller hill the day you committed your opinion of him as a "hot dog". You have been wanting to prove yourself correct at every turn since and even implicated the kid of something he will never, ever be charged with. I really think you should find someone else to tear down. Your narrative is boring and from my standpoint, just simple trolling and bloviating at this point.
Bro, he's stuck to that singular tired mantra because well, time.

He's too busy sewing hooded sheets and hand-crafting the finest of crosses this side of the Mason-Dixon to be elaborating intricately nuanced fact-based observations.

I think that's a lot of it, especially given how so much of today's media is driven by clicks and views... it isn't like years ago when you had to wait for the 10 pm news or the local newspaper to land on your driveway at 5 am the next morning. But, IMO, a huge issue today with the media is their sourcing... More and more outlets that would be considered legitimate by most, are getting lazy, sloppy, and in many cases, purposefully deceitful in their use of sources. The old way of confirming things with multiple sources seems to be viewed by today's outlets as outdated
A NYT article is sourced through WaPo, which is sourced through Huffman, which is sourced through Sports Insider, which is sourced through a single tweet on Twitter which has no source.

'Bout sum it up?

Says the guy with the black face avatar. That's rich.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom