| MBB/WBB Brandon Miller has received threats, accompanied by armed guard at NCAA tournament

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Brandon Miller has received threats, accompanied by armed guard at NCAA tournament

1784921946739433301.jpg
Alabama men’s basketball coach Nate Oats confirmed Wednesday that star forward Brandon Miller is being accompanied by an armed security guard after receiving threats.

The guard, who was carrying a gun, was visible at Alabama’s afternoon news conference featuring Miller and its practice open to fans inside Legacy Arena.

“If you guys saw some of what I’ve seen sent his way, I think you would understand why that’s the case,” Oats said. “I don’t want to get into all of that. The entire situation, as you know, is just heartbreaking on all accounts.

“But some of the messages from people that can sit behind fake email addresses, but who knows whether they’re real or not, that I’ve seen -- something that nobody would ever want their son [to receive]. I treat my players like my own sons -- I don’t have a son, I have three daughters, but I put myself in his parent’s shoes -- and our administration has seen the stuff that I’ve seen, and it’s appropriate.

“It’s nothing that a college kid should have to go through. If you were able to see what I’ve seen then you would understand why that’s going on right now.

When asked about the guard, Miller said, “I feel like we always travel with security. That’s all I’m going to be able to say about that.”

Miller’s name surfaced during a Feb. 21 court hearing for former teammate Darius Miles’ capital murder charge. Law enforcement testified that Miles texted Miller to bring his gun to the scene of the eventual shooting, although Miller’s attorney said Miller had no knowledge of Miles’ intent. Miller is considered a witness and not a suspect by police.

It's getting worse. UA needs to come out and say that AL.com, NY Time and etc will be contacted by the lawyer and etc.
I get what you're saying. I also don't think it's the role of UA. In yesterday's case, that was defamation against Kia.

A "cease and desist" letter to Goodman based on the characterization of "Alabama" and a "gun problem?" That would be their role.

~ I'm not a lawyer but I have paid lawyers.

I get what you're saying. I also don't think it's the role of UA. In yesterday's case, that was defamation against Kia.

A "cease and desist" letter to Goodman based on the characterization of "Alabama" and a "gun problem?" That would be their role.

Yes, it is defamation! I like the idea of an official/certified cease and desist letter from Alabama and Miller's lawyer.

A "cease and desist" letter like that wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on.

Yes, it is defamation! I like the idea of an official/certified cease and desist letter from Alabama and Miller's lawyer.
It's one thing describing a program as having a gun culture. Hell, I don't know if a letter would have any effect on Goodman's articles.

It's another thing to send something from Miller's attorneys, I'd think. It's a genuine story even though it's being poorly reported.

A "cease and desist" letter like that wouldn't be worth the paper it's written on.
Much like the bandwidth wasted on all your posts regarding this issue. I guess everyone has their agenda much like yourself. The way I see it, you died on that Brandon Miller hill the day you committed your opinion of him as a "hot dog". You have been wanting to prove yourself correct at every turn since and even implicated the kid of something he will never, ever be charged with. I really think you should find someone else to tear down. Your narrative is boring and from my standpoint, just simple trolling and bloviating at this point.

There have been different rumors going around Tuscaloosa about what all happened that night, people who were there, etc. On the surface, it looks to me like NY Times was trying to break some news the night before the tournament tipped, but did a poor effort (or put no effort) in verifying the claim passed on to them. Shocking, I know.

Back
Top Bottom