| FTBL Bobby not Nick

Dalton Tider

Verified Member
Bobby Petrino is getting hammered for dumping the Falcons anywhere the media speaks or writes. Thank Goodness! This is a lot worse than what Nick done to the Dolphins. I want to thank Bobby Petrino for getting the media hounds off Coach Saban. He deserves all the attention. :D

it's not all that different. Saban knew he was leaving, lied about it, and stayed for the remainder of the season. Then he left abruptly.

Petrino knew he was leaving, lied about it, and then left immediately after lying.

Both coaches began to dismantle an already poor team and left it in worse shape. Saban had final say over his players in Miami, Petrino did not in Atlanta.

Petrino's is worse IMO,at least as far as the timing goes, Saban decision to leave, I believe, was more irresponsible as he was the GM, but the two are similar in my mind.

It's unfortunate that the system rewards coaches that are dishonest, or at least requires them to be dishonest in order to be rewarded, but it does.

foshman said:
it's not all that different. Saban knew he was leaving, lied about it, and stayed for the remainder of the season. Then he left abruptly.

Petrino knew he was leaving, lied about it, and then left immediately after lying.

Both coaches began to dismantle an already poor team and left it in worse shape. Saban had final say over his players in Miami, Petrino did not in Atlanta.

Petrino's is worse IMO,at least as far as the timing goes, Saban decision to leave, I believe, was more irresponsible as he was the GM, but the two are similar in my mind.

It's unfortunate that the system rewards coaches that are dishonest, or at least requires them to be dishonest in order to be rewarded, but it does.

Please get your facts straight, in 2004 the Dolphins went 4-12, in 2005 (under Saban) they went 9-7, and in 2006 (under Saban) they went 6-10, I don't think he left it in worse shape. Exactly how was Saban's more irresponsible?

foshman said:

The timeline of events I have read and have understood through numerous interviews say he wouldnt talk to us till the season was over, which is why we made a serious pass at Rich Rodriguez.

So since the timeline I understood falls in line with events that are publicly known, we are going to go with that.

foshman said:

What is irresponsible is how the media hounded CNS about the job at Alabama. Everyone knew he couldn't discuss a different coaching job during the season, but, chose to hammer him about it during every single press conference. He was literally backed into a corner and forced to answer a question that was irresponsible to be asked in the first place.

The media was nothing more than a pack of snakes and weasels with the constant hounding about the job at Alabama with games still to be played at Miami. The media chose to "meddle" with CNS' coaching position instead of reporting on the games that were being played.

The media has strayed from reporting the sports news and now just make every effort to say something sensational to evoke an angry reaction and then fan the flames every chance they get.

These are the FACTS, period.

That was Saban's great sin...he "lied" to the media. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not lie to the media.:roll:

Thing is, Saban didn't lie to Wayne Huizenga. He sat down and talked at length with the owner, who wanted him to stay. But, he told Saban that, if he was going, he had Huizenga's blessing.

But, hey, let's not let facts get in the way of giving Alabama's coach a lot of misplaced he11. :shock:

Who cares if the media always hears the truth. Know matter what you tell those leaches your wrong. Screw the media, Saban acted in a professional way about leaving. Petrino did not... He left the battlefield in the middle of the war. Can we say, COWARD. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If Saban would have been honest to the media they would have spun a story about how he neglect his duties those final days and caused Miami major distractions. Either way Saban was going to get run through the ringer by the media, that's just the nature of the beast.

LBS' take.

Despite repeatedly trying to focus the football media onto the game of football, which was the right thing for all parties to do, the tabloid mentality pressers created a story that hurt Saban's team. (Frankly, I would have gone to releasing written prepared statement.) Saban was forced to react in the defense of his team. These attackers criticizing the victim on how he reacted in self-defense (team-defense) is a second wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong, but when Saban said "I will not be the Head Coach of Alabama.", he did not say that he was promising that this was the case for the rest of his life. Nor was that the question that the press asked. Saban could only offer the truth for that moment. The press failed to ask him for an iron-clad promise that he would not coach as Alabama next season. The question that they asked, he answered TRUTHFULLY.

Again as I know it, at the time of the question Coach Moore had not yet been given the chance to offer that job to Saban. If you are not offered a job, you can not truthfully say that you will have the job. So, if Saban was to be truthful at that moment he had to say that he is not going to be that coach.

If I am wrong, how am I wrong?

Nick Saban also didn't lie to the Hyzanga ( yes I know thats not how its spelled) IN fact the two men sat down, and hyzanga told him to follow his heart. ( according to stories I've read) BP straight out LIED to Blank and then shook his hand.

CrimsonPirate said:
Thing is, Saban didn't lie to Wayne Huizenga. He sat down and talked at length with the owner, who wanted him to stay. But, he told Saban that, if he was going, he had Huizenga's blessing.

Let's not forget that he sat down with Huizenga Face-to-face. He told his players, face-to-face. No notes on the locker room door, no calling Huizenga on the phone saying you didn't know what you were going to do, while you were at the home office handing in your resignation.

Same, I think not.

Help me out here, guys...as I understand it, what forces premature coaching searches each year is linked to recruiting, right? Universities don't want to wait til the post-season to shop for coaches because it somehow hurts shopping for players.

Can't anything be done to remedy that? It's accepted--no, expected--in the current era to change jobs in order to advance professionally. We may not like it because of the potential violation of loyalty and related issues, but it's how things operate right now. I can't help wondering if there isn't some arrangement that would create more flexibility and not put coaching staffers in the awkward position of being wooed by another prospective employer before season-end in the first place. (Address the problem, not just the symptoms.)

Lets just realize, the media will never be fond of Saban. They (the media) will never be able to engage him, the way they want to, in the Press Room. IMO he is the type that refuses to give the media their way. He's almost one step ahead of them in every way not allowing the press to ever approach him in an intimidating style. You can see it in almost every interview. Its hillarious at times because they can never crack him. IMO the media will never like CNS because of his NO-NONSENSE approach to life. His style is a reflection of his success on and off the football field... CNS truly has the potential to be the next Great One IMO. He's in the best football environment available in the entire world and he's not going to let the biased media control him while he hard at work with the "PROCESS"
:lol: :D
RTR

Back
Top Bottom