| FTBL Bo Nix with some very interesting comments regarding the Auburn Tigers fanbase đź‘€

It was apparent from his game at aU that he didn't thrive under pressure. He was much more suited to the "laid back" nature of the Pac 12. Real competitors are in the SEC and to some degree the Big 10... that's where the big boys are on defense and want to crush the QB. Not so much the same type of game as the west cost... and as @TerryP says above, it shows up in the trophy case, but also in the NFL as you'll see much more longevity from SEC and Big 10 draftee's, than you do West coast colllege kids (on average).

It was apparent from his game at aU that he didn't thrive under pressure. He was much more suited to the "laid back" nature of the Pac 12. Real competitors are in the SEC and to some degree the Big 10... that's where the big boys are on defense and want to crush the QB. Not so much the same type of game as the west cost... and as @TerryP says above, it shows up in the trophy case, but also in the NFL as you'll see much more longevity from SEC and Big 10 draftee's, than you do West coast colllege kids (on average).
I watched him in his early teen years when his dad was coaching here. I wanted to stuff him in the cooler at the Circle K across the street. There's no other word to describe; punk. I was just watching CSU practice and it ... well.

Caveat: I did know who he was.

I watched him in his early teen years when his dad was coaching here. I wanted to stuff him in the cooler at the Circle K across the street. There's no other word to describe; punk. I was just watching CSU practice and it ... well.

Caveat: I did know who he was.
I would agree... I could definitely see him as a punk kid... he still is.

I think he got the "stats and glory" he wanted/desired by playing in the weaker Pac12... but I don't think he got any development to be a better QB that can progress to the NFL. Now, I don't think he would have got that at aU either... but I do think he should have transferred to a program inside the SEC or Big 10 if he really wanted to grow and develop... in the end, he was more about the now than the later...

I think he got the "stats and glory" he wanted/desired by playing in the weaker Pac12... but I don't think he got any development to be a better QB that can progress to the NFL. Now, I don't think he would have got that at aU either... but I do think he should have transferred to a program inside the SEC or Big 10 if he really wanted to grow and develop... in the end, he was more about the now than the later...
He may end up being a good guy in the booth in a few years...fits the Jordan profile for SECN.

Yeah, he benefited from very loose coverage in the Pac-12, so of course a decent quarterback can hit those. A lot smaller windows throwing in the SEC, and a much quicker reaction needed with 250 pound ends running 4.4-4.5 at you. Funny, he couldn't beat the now Alabama head coach either over there. Man, I bet their family despises Alabama, ha ha.

Really good athlete with raw skills, he benefitted greatly from extra time in college with an Oregon coaching staff that developed him. Agree, PAC 12 defenses weren't as ferocious, but he learned enough where he'll probably carry a clipboard for a few years. On the opposite side, you have Stidham, a highly talented QB who landed in the NFL needing to be completely trained because of his time at auburn, and he's now grabbing some AJ-money, flirting with starting.

You just never know.

The Auburn fans I know well do not like Nix at all. In fact, they were hoping he would fall flat at Oregon. Of course, I brought his name up every chance I got during this past season. And after weekends when Bama won, the tiggers lost and Nix played well, I really had a ball. Tigger fans living in Georgia have really had it rough since Smart started winning too. It’s become so easy to make their eyes twitch like Commissioner Dreyfus. I can’t use Saban anymore but for now Kirby will do. And if Nix really gets drafted in the 1st round … oh that will be a hoot.

Really good athlete with raw skills, he benefitted greatly from extra time in college with an Oregon coaching staff that developed him. Agree, PAC 12 defenses weren't as ferocious, but he learned enough where he'll probably carry a clipboard for a few years. On the opposite side, you have Stidham, a highly talented QB who landed in the NFL needing to be completely trained because of his time at auburn, and he's now grabbing some AJ-money, flirting with starting.

You just never know.
He only played college ball 8 or 9 years cut him some slack. Seriously, I wondered several times what Sark or Kiffin could have done with him, very athletic.

Maybe there is some more context to all that, but it sounds like he's talking about the south in general, including but not limited to auburn. And if so, hate to sort of agree with him (I do not like), but he's more right than wrong. But, it's also that passion that fans down here have that take the sport of football to the next level... with support, with money, etc. Basically, like hockey is up north.

And while we're here, I'll give him credit for actually becoming good enough to be a possible, if not likely, round 2 QB this month. I never saw that one coming (and said as much a fews years back on here), but then again, I envisioned him spending 4 or 5 years at auburn under Gus. I will double down and say he won't have a very productive NFL career... I just don't see him making the throws that the NFL game requires... but, he proved me wrong once.

Maybe there is some more context to all that, but it sounds like he's talking about the south in general, including but not limited to auburn. And if so, hate to sort of agree with him (I do not like), but he's more right than wrong. But, it's also that passion that fans down here have that take the sport of football to the next level... with support, with money, etc. Basically, like hockey is up north.

And while we're here, I'll give him credit for actually becoming good enough to be a possible, if not likely, round 2 QB this April. I never saw that one coming (and said as much a fews years back on here), but then again, I envisioned him spending 4 or 5 years at auburn under Gus. I will double down and say he won't have a very productive NFL career... I just don't see him making the throws that the NFL game requires... but, he proved me wrong once.
I'll give him credit as possibly the only 1st round pick that announced his retirement from the NFL on the same day he was drafted. :p

And while we're here, I'll give him credit for actually becoming good enough to be a possible, if not likely, round 2 QB this month. I never saw that one coming (and said as much a fews years back on here), but then again, I envisioned him spending 4 or 5 years at auburn under Gus. I will double down and say he won't have a very productive NFL career... I just don't see him making the throws that the NFL game requires... but, he proved me wrong once.
He should be playing beach volleyball. He was actually pretty good at that...watched him play at CSU next to the pool.

He's a pussy.

Back
Top Bottom