| FOOD Best menu item at each major fast food restaurant...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
I've got a few minutes and I'm bored. So, A LIST! I don't eat at all these places often... Burger King for example, other than a couple of airports in recent years where I had no better options, I can't remember the last time I ate at one. I eat at a place like Krystal once a year, maybe. Popeyes and Hardee's, probably once every 3 years for instance. But, here's the best item from each of them...

Arby's- Double roast beef sandwich (by a razor thin margin over their curly fries)
Dairy Queen- Butterfinger Blizzard
Krystal- Cheese Krystal
Hardee's- Ham biscuit
Bojangles- Cajun filet biscuit
Chick-Fil-A- Nuggets (though I almost always get the chicken sandwich)
Wendy's- Dave's Double
McDonald's- Double Quarter Pounder w/cheese
Burger King- Fully loaded Croissan'wich
Taco Bell- Chalupa Supreme
Jacks- Bigger Jack w/cheese
Popeyes- Chicken tenders
Whataburger- Triple Whataburger w/cheese
In-N-Out- Double-Double
Milos- Cheeseburger

Sonic, KFC, Church's- It's been so long since I've been to these, I really don't know.

Places like Zaxby's, Foosackley's, Canes, etc... always the chicken tenders.

Culver’s: double butter burger(dressed however you like)
Five guys: double burger(dressed however you like it)
Arby’s: double roast beef
Dairy Queen: hot fudge shake.
Krystal: cheese Krystal
Hardee’s: pork chop and gravy biscuit
Bojangles: Cajun filet biscuit
Chick-fil-A: spicy chicken biscuit w/cheese
Wendy’s: Dave’s double
McDonald’s: 🤮🤮🤮, nothing
Burger King: whopper
Taco Bell: (been a long time)
Jacks: dunno
Popeyes: spicy chicken sandwich
Whataburger: triple meat or sweet &spicy
In-n-out: everything just tastes like salt….
Sonic: been a long time…
Milo’s: dunno

Culver’s: double butter burger(dressed however you like)
Five guys: double burger(dressed however you like it)
Arby’s: double roast beef
Dairy Queen: hot fudge shake.
Krystal: cheese Krystal
Hardee’s: pork chop and gravy biscuit
Bojangles: Cajun filet biscuit
Chick-fil-A: spicy chicken biscuit w/cheese
Wendy’s: Dave’s double
McDonald’s: 🤮🤮🤮, nothing
Burger King: whopper
Taco Bell: (been a long time)
Jacks: dunno
Popeyes: spicy chicken sandwich
Whataburger: triple meat or sweet &spicy
In-n-out: everything just tastes like salt….
Sonic: been a long time…
Milo’s: dunno

I've never had Culvers.

Never had the porkchop and gravy biscuit at Hardees, but you have my attention. The ones at Bojangles and Jacks are seasonal, but good.

Chick-fil-A has a new test sandwich coming soon, grilled chicken on a maple infused bun, spicy pickles, jack cheese and other stuff. Out late June, early July.

I don't know about that one... maybe. Their "grilled" chicken always tastes a little off to me for some reason. They have a very underrated breakfast though since they improved their biscuits from the crap they used to serve. I wish they'd bring back their slaw.

I can't remember the last time I had Subway... but years ago I would destroy their $5 footlongs.
Within a few minutes from the house there's a Subway, a Firehouse Subs, a Jersey Mike's, East Bay Deli ... why would anyone choose Subway? I would rather have a cheeseburger at Waffle House and it's in the same parking lot.

Arby's is only good when you are combining sauces on the sandwich.

No one mentioning Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a little upsetting.

I got into a conversation the other day with the lady that works at the 7-11. She was eating one of their cheeseburgers. I asked her what she thought about Wendy's ... followed that with "compare Wendy's and Sonic." She said "she really liked their footlongs." I said, "I've heard that before, normally in the morning."

@Brandon Van de Graaff ya got me thinking...never a good thing.

When I was in high school, on game days, there were a few choices for food. Mom was always grading papers until five or six so it just made sense to stay at school.

Four choices: BK, DQ, McD's, and Hardee's.

I always chose DQ for their burgers. This was back around the time BK started their AD blitz about "grilled burgers." DQ had been doing that for a while.

There was a Taco Bell in the same area. I learned back in the early '80's ... it's just not good food.

Within the last two weeks I ran up to Jersey's Mike's to grab on of their large subs: turkey, Mike's way. Nothing fancy. I took a $20 with me and came back with a dollar and some change. It's just stupid now-a-day. It's a fast fuck, not fast food. Depending on where you eat it's anal sometimes.

@Brandon Van de Graaff

Within the last two weeks I ran up to Jersey's Mike's to grab on of their large subs: turkey, Mike's way. Nothing fancy. I took a $20 with me and came back with a dollar and some change. It's just stupid now-a-day.
The price distinction between fast food and sit down has blurred, particularly at lunch time. Three Dollar Cafe in Atlanta and Buffalo Wild Wings both have $10-12 lunch specials that include a nonalcoholic drink. I think Hudson Grill does, too.

I've never had Culvers.

Never had the porkchop and gravy biscuit at Hardees, but you have my attention. The ones at Bojangles and Jacks are seasonal, but good.
Culver’s is probably the one of the best if not the best fast food chain , to me…
The custard is fantastic too!!!!
Several of the “men” (children in men’s bodies) in my family had a thorough discussion on the best fast food fish sandwich, I researched them and Culver’s blew them all out of the water on that also, Popeyes is pretty good but they only have it seasonally….

Within a few minutes from the house there's a Subway, a Firehouse Subs, a Jersey Mike's, East Bay Deli ... why would anyone choose Subway? I would rather have a cheeseburger at Waffle House and it's in the same parking lot.

Arby's is only good when you are combining sauces on the sandwich.

No one mentioning Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich is a little upsetting.

I got into a conversation the other day with the lady that works at the 7-11. She was eating one of their cheeseburgers. I asked her what she thought about Wendy's ... followed that with "compare Wendy's and Sonic." She said "she really liked their footlongs." I said, "I've heard that before, normally in the morning."

Yeah, if I want a sub it's ether Publix deli, Jersey Mikes, or Firehouse.

Mixing the sauces on the roast beef is the path.

At one time, the Wendy's spicy chicken was the king of their menu, but at some point (around here anyway), the quality of the chicken took a nosedive from chicken breast to processed chicken. I think it was the local owners here trying to skimp and save money, but after about 3 bad sandwiches in a row a good while back, I quit ordering it. Maybe I need to give it another chance.

The price distinction between fast food and sit down has blurred, particularly at lunch time. Three Dollar Cafe in Atlanta and Buffalo Wild Wings both have $10-12 lunch specials that include a nonalcoholic drink. I think Hudson Grill does, too.
Ain't this the truth. I had a "CSU Bucs" today that was grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese, pesto and spinach leaves...asiago ciabatta roll. (IF I'm remembering that correctly.)

$11. It was around $15 with the baked potato I brought home.

Culver’s is probably the one of the best if not the best fast food chain , to me…
The custard is fantastic too!!!!
Several of the “men” (children in men’s bodies) in my family had a thorough discussion on the best fast food fish sandwich, I researched them and Culver’s blew them all out of the water on that also, Popeyes is pretty good but they only have it seasonally….

One day I'll stop at the one in Hoover and give it a try.

IF you are talking about the same guy who had the one on 15th before the storm...I know him. Cheap bastard.

I ate there some, but hated that restaurant. It's closed now. The one in Northport sucks too, at least in terms of customer service. The best one (used to be anyway), was in a gas station in Cottondale just off exit 77. They were always friendly, food was good, and it was clean.

About the only way I'll eat fast food with with app ordering... 2 reasons... better value with app deals and it cuts out the middleman and makes it less likely for the order to get screwed up. Some places like Taco Casa, I have to go order the old way... but if I can do it with an app, pay, and just pick it up... I do it every time. I mostly only eat Chick-fil-A though.

I ate there some, but hated that restaurant. It's closed now. The one in Northport sucks too, at least in terms of customer service. The best one (used to be anyway), was in a gas station in Cottondale just off exit 77. They were always friendly, food was good, and it was clean.
I ran that store for about a year when I was in grad classes...50 hours a week sucked when studying. 1K a week didn't.

Damn. Memories again.

Back
Top Bottom