| FOOD Best Convenience Store/Gas Station Food?

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff
Instead of hijacking the fast food thread, I figured I'd start another. Do you have a favorite breakfast or diner spot located in a country store or gas station?

I'll start with Triple G's in Pell City/Riverside. It used to be Triple T's, but it changed hands a couple of years ago. They have an awesome breakfast with a good number of meat options, including huge fried porkchops. Good biscuits and better gravy. They also have a fried catfish dinner on Fridays. Definitely worth the two minute drive south off I-20 at the Riverside exit.

Any favorites?

the old groovin noovins where good once apon a time, (circle k’s now) not as good…

Tom Thumb at the Atmore cutoff in molino fl, is pretty good tho. Not many gas station breakfasts left around d here though…

Do you have a favorite breakfast or diner spot located in a country store or gas station?
There's an old store down the street from The Dream center on Remount Rd here in town...biscuits the size of your fist and as flaky as someone's scalp that hasn't showered in weeks. Their sausage gravy rivals what Rama Jamma's put out when Sarah was in the kitchen there...Gary was still waiting tables.

Their shrimp and grits, out of a Styrofoam take home box, makes you want to slap people.

Instead of hijacking the fast food thread, I figured I'd start another. Do you have a favorite breakfast or diner spot located in a country store or gas station?

I'll start with Triple G's in Pell City/Riverside. It used to be Triple T's, but it changed hands a couple of years ago. They have an awesome breakfast with a good number of meat options, including huge fried porkchops. Good biscuits and better gravy. They also have a fried catfish dinner on Fridays. Definitely worth the two minute drive south off I-20 at the Riverside exit.

Any favorites?

One of my good friends lives on Logan Martin. We stop at Triple Gs almost every time we go see him. It's good!

From a similar thread from November... my answer is still the same...

Some of the better BBQ I've had in AL have come from those little huts/trailers on gas station properties... though that may not technically count here. For gas station food itself... I'd think most every county in AL has at least 1 worthy stop... J&J Grocery in Bessemer (burgers), Busy Bee Food Mart in Oneonta, Triple G's in Pell City, Fastime's in Daphne (they used to have awesome BBQ on the property too, but they closed down), and the Chevon in Satsuma off Hwy 43... the breakfast gumbo. You're welcome.

I also added the Chevron in Buckatunna, MS... I'll drive down to Mobile and specifically go that way sometimes just to stop there...

I'll also say that quality of Fastimes has taken a big hit the last couple of times I've been by there... really unfortunate. I don't know if it changed hands or what...

Bayou Fresh Seafood and Deli, located in the Fuel Co. station on Walston Bridge Road, Jasper Alabama.

yep, nothing like gas station sushi. :p Seriously, this stuff is some count.
Reminded me ...

There's a boat refueling station on Lake Moultrie which is also a store, and a restaurant. It makes Old Country Buffet look like Chops Steakhouse: rural as hell. But good lord...the fried catfish they have. All fresh, right out of the lakes.

I know how to get there in a boat. I don't know how to drive there; never looked. I can't remember the name of the place either...but I CAN find it.

Pick up "That Cheesecake", the white chocolate cheesecake they carry at Mark's.

I'll try to remember the next time I'm in there, but I don't get by there often... I remember you've spoken about those before. And I may have her confused with someone else, but I think she also sells that at the Farmers market too... which I enjoy visiting but also rarely go to.

I'll try to remember the next time I'm in there, but I don't get by there often... I remember you've spoken about those before. And I may have her confused with someone else, but I think she also sells that at the Farmers market too... which I enjoy visiting but also rarely go to.
Correct, she does, I think she goes once or twice a month. It's also a dessert at Southern Ale House

Bucky's is pretty good honestly the brisket aint half bad on a sandwich. Just wish they had some fixins too

People hate on it, and that's fine... but Buc-ees is a fantastic road trip stop. And while I think their BBQ is overrated (and certainly not on par with the better AL BBQ, of which a good bit can also be found at gas stations), their Texas Cheesesteak Burrito most certainly is not! Their trail mix options and pecan pralines are just bonus points.

People hate on it, and that's fine... but Buc-ees is a fantastic road trip stop. And while I think their BBQ is overrated (and certainly not on par with the better AL BBQ, of which a good bit can also be found at gas stations), their Texas Cheesesteak Burrito most certainly is not! Their trail mix options and pecan pralines are just bonus points.
Trying to get in the Buc-ees down in Foley is an accomplishment all to itself. :p

Yea i love the trail mix too. As far as quick stop places go though, that brisket sandwich is much better than people give it credit for. That being said, it's not gonna stand up to any true BBQ places.

Back
Top Bottom