| FTBL Besides all the praise any1 else see us blow up?

G

I've seen all the praise everyone throws up like "O they had more talant which is B.S". Did anyone see our defense give up more than 1 big play in the end of the 3rd and 4 qter? Or the fact some our best players got beat one on one!

Did anyone else see the tide blow 10 point lead? Besides me? I understand we have a nice furture, but that doesn't negate the fact we should have won the game. Do we not have any kind of running game at all?

Plus, anyone else seeing us turn the ball over a lot even worried about it? All I've seen is a bunch of B.S. like "they're a better team then us wait till we get CNS players" If you really believe that you're a fool! We had this game, plain and simple. We didn't take care of the ball, nor could we milk the clock when we had to! Much less run the ball instead we are throwing it.

Where were the play makers in the 4th qtr? Can someone please tell me how that wasn't a catch? By #11? Laying out to get the ball how much more control do you need? He had it in both hands. When he hits the ground at full speed! Total B.S. there as well!

I'm not trying to bring the team or name down, but all this bull crap about next year is wrong we are good this year! We should have won that game. They're not a #3 team IMO if they're we should be a top 10.

Reality is they have better talent than we do at most positions,not all. Just overall as a team.
That's fact.Choose to believe it or not. It's your porogative. They've also had their coach in place for 3 years versus our trasition year.
We didn't run the ball because their players stopped all attempts to do so. You say you watched the the presser,Coach Saban adressed it in the same manner. He said '' we couldn't block their players up front. Our running backs were running backwards'' ( to paraphrase him)
We did have the game but LSU had something to do about it. You don't thing we wanted to or tried to milk the clock? The other team had something to say and do about it too! We were over matched but played tough. This game shouldn't have been this close.
No moral victory here. I wanted a win bad. They made the plays when it mattered we couldn't. I'm proud for a scrappy performance by thoses players.

Optimus said:
I've seen all the praise everyone throws up like "O they had more talant which is B.S". Did anyone see our defense give up more than 1 big play in the end of the 3rd and 4 qter? Or the fact some our best players got beat one on one!

Did anyone else see the tide blow 10 point lead? Besides me? I understand we have a nice furture, but that doesn't negate the fact we should have won the game. Do we not have any kind of running game at all?

Plus, anyone else seeing us turn the ball over a lot even worried about it? All I've seen is a bunch of B.S. like "they're a better team then us wait till we get CNS players" If you really believe that you're a fool! We had this game, plain and simple. We didn't take care of the ball, nor could we milk the clock when we had to! Much less run the ball instead we are throwing it.

Where were the play makers in the 4th qtr? Can someone please tell me how that wasn't a catch? By #11? Laying out to get the ball how much more control do you need? He had it in both hands. When he hits the ground at full speed! Total B.S. there as well!

I'm not trying to bring the team or name down, but all this bull crap about next year is wrong we are good this year! We should have won that game. They're not a #3 team IMO if they're we should be a top 10.

I agree with some of this rant. Alabama does have a talented football team, but to speak to your closing point, this is not a top ten football team. Saban has a lot of talent to work with and it is obvious that he is utilizing it better than Shula. However, do pick off three passes and not win the game? That is NOT the mark of an upper echelon team.

The team is solid this year but with three losses and being in the South, it is the natural reaction of the fanbase to begin asking the "what-ifs" about next year. Several schools are already doing it, Florida, Auburn, etc.

The bottom line is Alabama had every opportunity to win this football game but they couldn't make the plays when it mattered most. No, LSU did not play like a #3 football team but they did play like a WINNING football team and sometimes that's all that matters. Bama won't take a nose dive in the polls. Get by MSU and gear up for Auburn.

I fully agree that Caddel caught that ball.

As far as us "blowing up" well the team played their heart out, alot more so than I thought we would. Those INT's surely kept us in the game as did Arenas stepping up and making big plays. Had these things not happened we would have seen BDS empty in the 3rd quarter.

I for one thought LSU would stick it to us early and hard, no moral victory here, but this team has huge potential under Saban's leadership.

At times last night we played well but at other times we played sloppy, on the offensive side of the ball that is.

I agree with AT. The team played their heart out, they wanted the game. I am not gonna come on here and bash them for what they could have/should have done, because we lost, its over with. Now all we can do is look ahead, and well looking ahead, its exciting.

Sure, there were some problems in the game, but Coach Saban and his staff will be sure to take care of that. Coming on a message board and railing on a team for making a few mistakes, makes no difference. They know they made the mistakes, they know we could have won that game.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I am not gonna dwell on some mistakes that cost us the game, instead I'll look ahead to Mississippi State. Some of that will consist of looking on what to improve from the LSU game (running game, etc), but I am not gonna come on and say what we could have done to win the LSU game, because everyone knows what we could have done and the games over now. What I WILL do is come on here and say what we can do to beat Miss. State and how we can improve our game.

Roll Tide Roll!

The bottom line is Alabama had every opportunity to win this football game but they couldn't make the plays when it mattered most. No, LSU did not play like a #3 football team but they did play like a WINNING football team and sometimes that's all that matters.

That's pretty much my take on it as well. Maybe we should have won the game but we really didn't make the key plays when it mattered most. We certainly didn't handle the LSU pressure at the end well at all.

I think we're going to be fine in the long run, but it wont happen over night. It's going to take some time, some coaching, and some recruiting to get this program back where we all want it.

imalive1459 said:
It does sound like we've won the game around here.

I disagree. I think most folks are heartbroken that we didn't come away with a W, but what you are hearing is an optimism that we haven't had in a long time. As Saban said in his PC, "There are no moral victories". We, as fans, no longer have to worry about our coach "settling" for mediocrity. We believe Saban and staff are going to do everything in their power to prepare the players and put them in position to win the game.
LSU has more talent, and that is why they won the game. Nothing we can do about that this year. But, that will change.

porkchop said:
The bottom line is Alabama had every opportunity to win this football game but they couldn't make the plays when it mattered most. No, LSU did not play like a #3 football team but they did play like a WINNING football team and sometimes that's all that matters.

That's pretty much my take on it as well. Maybe we should have won the game but we really didn't make the key plays when it mattered most. We certainly didn't handle the LSU pressure at the end well at all.

I think we're going to be fine in the long run, but it wont happen over night. It's going to take some time, some coaching, and some recruiting to get this program back where we all want it.

This game reminded me alot of the UGA game in Fran's last year here. We played them well, but we just couldn't burn the clock at the end of the game. If we could run-block, would have been different. But hey, good win Bayou Bengals.

Optimus makes a lot of great points. We did gibe the game to them. It was ours to lose.

I did not post my feeling last night. Most people wouldn't have liked to hear them is why. I was very upset at the team for just handing it to them.

So yes Optimus, there are people here that did see the same thing.

I also feel the same way about them being 3rd. I just don't see it.

a$# ;flame *barner

First & foremost, I'm sick & d@%$ tired of LSU, not b/c of the team but b/c of the fans, SO I was salivating for a win. However, we shouldn't have been in this game. LSU had over 150 yards of penalties, of which gave us opportunities to score or keep a drive alive. If they had more discipline they would steam roll everyone. They are their own worst enemy right now.

Caddell's catch was a catch & Castille did strip that ball for a fumble recovery by Knight, all of which was overturned. No suprise.

As far as the team as a whole. It comes down to this... LINE PLAY. We are not a Dominate O-line/D-line team. We show flashes of brilliance but when checked against a great line team, such as LSU, well you saw what happenned.

I am pleased that the boys were in this game, they didn't quit & kept playing after missed opportunities or blown plays but that ain't enough & as Optimus pointed out, CNS isn't satisfied to say the least. We had opportunities & we gave opportunities. All we can do now is look forward to next year & focus on a revenge game this weekend but we cannot afford to be hung-over on this game much like in '05.

porkchop said:

Yes I agree too PC, yet we had a golden opportunity to control the SEC west we let it slip out of our hands was my point. Although I know in my heart had Shula been here still we would have been rolled last night. I also want to clear the air I'm in no way bashing the team, but given the magnitude of the game. I thought I would point out some thing we just messed up on.

I really hope we find a running game soon. Because as a defense linemen if you know there going to throw the ball 80% of the time,then a defense going to bring the heat everytime. Alabama has shown it has a hard time picking up the blitz. A running game would negate that problem.

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
As far as the team as a whole. It comes down to this... LINE PLAY. We are not a Dominate O-line/D-line team. We show flashes of brilliance but when checked against a great line team, such as LSU, well you saw what happened.
I am pleased that the boys were in this game, they didn't quit & kept playing after missed opportunities or blown plays.

As a whole I think we are fine, although I think we are missing some leadership at the O-line position. I seen Smith get beat on several plays last night, and not by Dorsey either. So I don't know if they're that good, or we were being lazy at times. The O-line got beat up bad last night. Given the fact we have two starters out what can you do really...Our running game is no where to be found we have to start running the ball. I'm sure CNS will address these problems and well see next week.

I would also agree like everyone we are headed back where we belong. I'm just not a good loser :D

Optimus said:
porkchop said:

Yes I agree too PC, yet we had a golden opportunity to control the SEC west we let it slip out of our hands was my point. Although I know in my heart had Shula been here still we would have been rolled last night. I also want to clear the air I'm in no way bashing the team, but given the magnitude of the game. I thought I would point out some thing we just messed up on.

I really hope we find a running game soon. Because as a defense linemen if you know there going to throw the ball 80% of the time,then a defense going to bring the heat everytime. Alabama has shown it has a hard time picking up the blitz. A running game would negate that problem.

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
As far as the team as a whole. It comes down to this... LINE PLAY. We are not a Dominate O-line/D-line team. We show flashes of brilliance but when checked against a great line team, such as LSU, well you saw what happened.
I am pleased that the boys were in this game, they didn't quit & kept playing after missed opportunities or blown plays.

As a whole I think we are fine, although I think we are missing some leadership at the O-line position. I seen Smith get beat on several plays last night, and not by Dorsey either. So I don't know if they're that good, or we were being lazy at times. The O-line got beat up bad last night. Given the fact we have two starters out what can you do really...Our running game is no where to be found we have to start running the ball. I'm sure CNS will address these problems and well see next week.

I would also agree like everyone we are headed back where we belong. I'm just not a good loser :D

I think that missing two starters on the O-line hurt more than anything. Not only were we playing with two less talented players, we also lost a chance to rotate players on the line which led to the pitiful 4th quarter blocking. It just allowed them to wear us out up front.

We lost this one on offense. When we had the ball on the 50 yard line after their punt from their own 7 yard line. We had the opportunity to get a couple of first downs and make it a two score game with under 3 minutes
left.We should not have even try to run it in this case. We should have went back to the short passing game to the running backs or receivers. I don't like to put it on the defense with LSU going for it on 4 downs every time. I knew when we went 3 and out we were sunk. Two scores down at this point would have let the air out of LSU. Yes we let this one get away. They give us all the breaks we needed to win. Saban knows this and it probably frustrates him the most.

All I know is, I feel a whole lot better after this loss than I did after last years win against Duke (who we trailed at halftime). Agree with it or not, LSU is the number 2 team in the country and we had a chance to beat them. If you had told me last year that we would have come as close as we did I would have laughed in your face. Granted we could/should have won that game, and I'm disappointed over the way that it ended, but I'm not disappointed with the direction that the team is headed, and I saw several things last night that has me excited about the rest of this season and the seasons to come.

Wiseace615 said:
All I know is, I feel a whole lot better after this loss than I did after last years win against Duke (who we trailed at halftime). Agree with it or not, LSU is the number 2 team in the country and we had a chance to beat them. If you had told me last year that we would have come as close as we did I would have laughed in your face. Granted we could/should have won that game, and I'm disappointed over the way that it ended, but I'm not disappointed with the direction that the team is headed, and I saw several things last night that has me excited about the rest of this season and the seasons to come.

Well said. Agree 100%.

kudzu said:
Reality is they have better talent than we do at most positions,not all. Just overall as a team.
That's fact.Choose to believe it or not. It's your porogative. They've also had their coach in place for 3 years versus our trasition year.
We didn't run the ball because their players stopped all attempts to do so. You say you watched the the presser,Coach Saban adressed it in the same manner. He said '' we couldn't block their players up front. Our running backs were running backwards'' ( to paraphrase him)
We did have the game but LSU had something to do about it. You don't thing we wanted to or tried to milk the clock? The other team had something to say and do about it too! We were over matched but played tough. This game shouldn't have been this close.
No moral victory here. I wanted a win bad. They made the plays when it mattered we couldn't. I'm proud for a scrappy performance by thoses players.

Exactly, kudzu. There were two teams out there. If LSU had not gotten all those penalties, maybe they would have blown us out. As you say, they made the plays when it counted and we couldn't do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom