| FTBL Barners running their mouths

38AUTiger said:
RollTide1980 said:
In respect to the game, I do think Kodi Burns has improved and Ben Tate is a RB any team in the country would be lucky to have.

Tate runs backwards way too much. Fannin is much more talented. Burns is improved but still plays badly. Bad decisions, can't throw it.

RollTide1980 said:
The problem at AUB has less to do with talent and more to do with coaching. ALL coaches included...not just Tubby.

I have to agree with that 100%.

RollTide1980 said:
The fire that Nick Saban brings to our team, is something Auburn doesn't have. NONE! ZERO!

Granted we have amazing freshman and amazing talent, but Saban has changed the mindset at Alabama. You're only as good as your last play...and you're only as good as your last game...etc. It's all mental!!

Auburn doesn't have the will to win...and I blame the coaches.

Forget Xs and Os...Bama will beat Auburn because Nick Saban is a "life teacher" who has shown and taught our team how to compete...rather than simply play.

If you teach football, you have a football team, but if you teach life lessons, growth, and maturity... you have a champion football team.

I promise you, the young men on our team have learned more about life and themselves, than they ever have before. You can do greater things than you could have ever imagined...if you have someone who wants you to succeed.

~Bryan

I agree with every bit of that as well. When you guys got him, I said then that I thought you would win a NC within his first five years. I don't think it's this year but I do think it's coming. Good for you guys.

I think every program has cycles. Think about it: FSU, Miami, Penn State, Nebraska, Texas, Bama. Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head that have had recent down cycles. In today's CFB, I think it's hard to stay at the top.

38AUTiger,

You have to have a belly of iron to come on to a rival's forum and post and very thick skin. I respect your honest insights into your program and look forward to more comments from you....just got to weather the storm every now and then. Lord knows we have been there.

That being said, here's to lucky number 7!
The seventh loss for AU this season that is!
:D

38AUTiger said:
RollTide1980 said:
In respect to the game, I do think Kodi Burns has improved and Ben Tate is a RB any team in the country would be lucky to have.

Tate runs backwards way too much. Fannin is much more talented. Burns is improved but still plays badly. Bad decisions, can't throw it.

RollTide1980 said:
The problem at AUB has less to do with talent and more to do with coaching. ALL coaches included...not just Tubby.

I have to agree with that 100%.

RollTide1980 said:
The fire that Nick Saban brings to our team, is something Auburn doesn't have. NONE! ZERO!

Granted we have amazing freshman and amazing talent, but Saban has changed the mindset at Alabama. You're only as good as your last play...and you're only as good as your last game...etc. It's all mental!!

Auburn doesn't have the will to win...and I blame the coaches.

Forget Xs and Os...Bama will beat Auburn because Nick Saban is a "life teacher" who has shown and taught our team how to compete...rather than simply play.

If you teach football, you have a football team, but if you teach life lessons, growth, and maturity... you have a champion football team.

I promise you, the young men on our team have learned more about life and themselves, than they ever have before. You can do greater things than you could have ever imagined...if you have someone who wants you to succeed.

~Bryan

I agree with every bit of that as well. When you guys got him, I said then that I thought you would win a NC within his first five years. I don't think it's this year but I do think it's coming. Good for you guys.

I think every program has cycles. Think about it: FSU, Miami, Penn State, Nebraska, Texas, Bama. Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head that have had recent down cycles. In today's CFB, I think it's hard to stay at the top.

Good post.
Better than most of the smack talking Aubrun fans I know.(trust me, I know A LOT of them)
Yes in CFB today it is very hard to stay on top and it is a cycle.

I'm just sitting back and enjoying Auburn fans be "THAT guy". You know that guy at the bar who is steaming headlong toward a really bad night pounding a bad cocktail of Delusions or Adequacy with chasers of Fear of the inevitable beating to come.

When tomorrow comes, we all know that even the softest of talk about the win will ring like Big Ben in their ears. :lol:

Tick Tock little Kitties. Tick Tock.

My thoughts are your thoughts.

All of us have been frustrated for the past few years and this year has been a fantastic one. Winning the next game will take a few more years of frustration from my memory. This one is the real deal.

After seeing the team in person this past weekend I see a confident swagger in them like teams from the 70's & 80's. When its in your DNA it just comes naturally.

As Forrest Gump said. The peas don't fall far from the carrots. :)

Back
Top Bottom