| FTBL Bama will turn it around

crmstider

Verified Member
We are just a little off.Sometimes it a missed tackle or a missed block.sometimes the timing is a bit off.All the screw ups are small and can be fixed.I think a lot of people thought the O was going to just blow people away and to be honest our O was not that good last year.At times we were.At times we stunk.We are also learning a new system this year.It will take time.When we cut out the small mistakes and get the system down.We will have a great offense with all the weapons we have.To me our D is playing lights out but they have a few small mistakes every game also.ALL of it can be and will be fixed very soon. For example two weeks ago i would have bet you the barn could not beat our high school team.Look what happened when they cut out a lot of the mistakes and held on too the ball. .............Wife is a barner had to watch. :oops: It will get better Bama fans hang in there. :)

We still have issues. 5-0 would not be good for this team. The FSU game was obviously our worst, and UGA and Ark weren't too much better. They are just learning from these games and making themselves better. They are learning who to trust on the field in what situations too. And Major, I'm sure he is learning valuable lessons each week on play calling.
I would say a win over Houston, in the 34-17 range, and then a scrappy win over Ole Miss, 20-13, would be very health for this team going into UT. Close one on the road would give new energy for these guys, like post Arky. And then just being UT, that will have these guys up and ready to go. UT has UGA (L) and at MSU (Croom) before T-town. we will know by then what UT has. It would be absolutely great to go into the off week at 6-2.

I've said since spring that anything better than a 7-5 record this year will be a major job by this coaching staff. We all need to remember that the DL is VERY thin because of a lack of depth. The OL is a work in progress, at times I see good things and at time, not so good. Give Coach Saban time. He needs to be able to have recruit the type of personnel that will fit with his offensive and defensive philosophy.

Yes. In 2009. When we have equal talent at all positions to the elite programs in the nation. Expect 7-5 this year and maybe a little better next year with 10 wins being an outside possibility in '08 (having not seen the schedule it's hard to project, but knowing that we are at UGA, UT, and LSU makes me think #10 would be a bowl game). By 2009, we will have the depth and talent to beat anyone. RTR.

Whenever I'm feeling down and blue about a loss here and there, I go over to the Recruiting Forum and read a little. It always seems to cheer me up. :wink:

my whole problem with the Shula regime was that we would start out the year as good as any team out there, and be playing just as good at the end of the year. Problem was, everyone else got better as the year progressed. I can handle losing games as long as we are competitive. But to go out in week ten and play like it's the opener is inexcusable. That is one thing about Tubberville, his teams get better as the season goes along. Now we have a coach that can do that also!!!!

BamaHeat said:
Things aren't as bad as some make it seem.

I hate losing as much as anybody, but honestly I haven't felt "bad" at all (relative to how I felt after losing a game last year). We've got Nick Saban folks!! There isn't another coach in the country I'd rather have on our sideline.

bamabear323 said:
my whole problem with the Shula regime was that we would start out the year as good as any team out there, and be playing just as good at the end of the year. Problem was, everyone else got better as the year progressed. I can handle losing games as long as we are competitive. But to go out in week ten and play like it's the opener is inexcusable. That is one thing about Tubberville, his teams get better as the season goes along. Now we have a coach that can do that also!!!!

Well, we haven't exactly gotten better but I don't know that we've gotten worse. Do we really know how the game would have turned out vs. UGA with Mustin in? Not making excuses, just saying. Obviously our level of competition rose GREATLY when we played UGA and FSU.

This weekend our competition is not UGA or FSU. What we do with that I don't know yet. We should find out some things about our team this week. If we don't improve this week then I think it will a very bumpy ride the rest of the season. I hope to see lots of improvement. We have a big game this weekend and many more the rest of the year. One step at a time though.

DustyG said:
Yes. In 2009. When we have equal talent at all positions to the elite programs in the nation. Expect 7-5 this year and maybe a little better next year with 10 wins being an outside possibility in '08 (having not seen the schedule it's hard to project, but knowing that we are at UGA, UT, and LSU makes me think #10 would be a bowl game). By 2009, we will have the depth and talent to beat anyone. RTR.

I agree.

HiTide said:
BamaHeat said:
Things aren't as bad as some make it seem.

I hate losing as much as anybody, but honestly I haven't felt "bad" at all (relative to how I felt after losing a game last year). We've got Nick Saban folks!! There isn't another coach in the country I'd rather have on our sideline.

Funny i feel the same way this year.It helps a lot too watch Lswho play and see what is coming our way in the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom