| NEWS ⚽ BAMA Soccer '23: Bama falls to UNC 1-0 in 2nd round of NCAA Tournament. Season over...

The Crimson Tide extended its home winning streak to 21 straight victories at the Alabama Soccer Stadium

Seventh-ranked Alabama soccer opened the 2023 campaign with a 2-0 victory over DePaul on Thursday night.

The Crimson Tide saw goals from Gianna Paul (4:57) and Itala Gemelli (43:26) in the win. With the victory, UA extended its home winning streak to an NCAA-leading 21 straight games.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"It was a win, so we will certainly take it. I was pleased. We're still learning and trying to figure out who we are, but I thought we saw some good moments. It was awesome to get an early goal, and then to end the half with a goal. I thought it was great. I thought our best stretch of the game was early in the second half. We were all over. I think if we could have got a goal there, probably the floodgates would've opened. Credit to DePaul, their keeper made some big saves and they hung tough and made it hard for us. Overall, I'm pleased we got the win."

I'm happy for the win, but I am sick and tired of what is becoming a plague of people who only use parts of words, or stupid shortened versions of words, to communicate, especially in an official capacity, i.e. "dub" and others.

And, yes, while you're at it . . . Get off my lawn.

Ten team tournament with 7 vs 10 and 8 vs 9 in first round. Bama can finish no worse than 7th and no better than 4th. If they remain tied with UK, and they probably will because both should win their final game(s), they lose the tie-breaker HTH. Depending on what UGA and a$m do, that tie could be for 4th, 5th, or 6th. If it's for 4th, they would play each other in the second round.

Last edited:
Big win on road at Missouri. Kentucky did not fare as well, losing on the road to Ole Miss. Bama will now finish 5th or 6th depending outcome of a$m at LSU.

Thanks, meant to update this earlier and forgot... game was still going, late with Bama up 2-1.

Back
Top Bottom