| NEWS Bama soccer 2022: No. 4 Alabama Soccer Downs No. 20 Ole Miss, 4-1

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A goal and two assists from Felicia Knox highlighted the No. 6 Alabama soccer team's (10-1-1, 3-0-0 SEC) 3-0 win over Texas A&M (5-4-2, 0-3-0) on Sunday. Knox now holds an NCAA-leading 11 assists this season, breaking the school record of 10 set by Merel van Dongen in 2014.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"We are playing like a team that is confident and expects to win games. You look at how we played ourselves into the game and just how we closed that game out. I mean, it looks like a team with a mindset of we want to win the SEC Championship."

They’re on fire. And on another note… the Michigan women’s team is staying in my hotel. 6 of them were even up early for breakfast this morning. No dress code = very pleasant scenery.

Purdue football team is also in the hotel. Possibly a little inner-conference participation going on in the evenings.

image_handler.aspx

4-1 Final.
#3 FSU beat #2 UVA tonight so Bama should move up to #3.
#1 UCLA is ahead of AZ State 3-0 with 30 minutes left so it appears #1 will remain the same.

Last edited:
The Crimson Tide captured its fourth top-20 win in addition to earning its eighth win in a row this season.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 4-ranked Alabama soccer team (12-1-1, 5-0-0 SEC) recorded its fourth win over a top-20 team this season, defeating No. 20 Ole Miss (9-2-2, 3-2-0 SEC) by a score of 4-1 Thursday. Felicia Knox paced the team with a goal and two assists. Riley Mattingly Parker, Macy Clem and Brooke Steere also scored in the game.

From Head Coach Wes Hart

"I'm very pleased with our performance. We beat a good team tonight. I loved our response after conceding the first goal. We did not let it rattle us. If anything, it seemed to light a fire under us. I thought we limited them to very few chances, and on the other end, I felt we created a ton. Ashley Orkus (Ole Miss goalkeeper) was incredible in goal. I'm not sure how she kept a few of those from going in."

How It Happened​

• Ole Miss' Marykate McGuire battled her way down the field to find the first goal of the match in the 11th minute
  • A corner kick in the 15th minute evened the score when Felicia Knox bent a ball from the corner towards the back post
  • Less than a minute later, Knox passed the ball to Riley Tanner, who played it through to Riley Mattingly Parker to take towards the net and give the team its second goal
  • Alabama would find the back of the net one more time before the break with Macy Clem jumping up inside the six-yard box to put her head on the end of a corner kick from Knox
  • UA continued to press in the second half, eventually scoring its final goal of the night in the 70th minute
  • After a corner kick bounced around the Ole Miss box, Brooke Steere reached her foot in between the Rebel defense to place in the back of the goal

This is probably the only time I've ever been stoked about women's soccer. Hope they take it all the way.

I know most everyone is disgusted by Megan Rapinoe since she's decided that being a polarizing character suits her best...Good news is that she's nearing the end of her run. I hope she's not on the WC roster next year. Anyway, tomorrow afternoon, the USWNT takes on England. That will be a helluva match! (Unfortunately, it may be a lot better than when the USMNT gets beaten by England next month in the World Cup. :cautious: )

Edit: This game's on now. Oops...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom