| FTBL Bama-LSU Replay (Two observations so far)

• Thread starter imported_RollTideRandy
  • Start date
I

imported_RollTideRandy

1. Every time we went to Maze, LSU seemed to know we were going to be throwing deep. I see a huge opportunity throwing short to Maze.

2. Rashad Johnson's contributions in this game was MORE than three interceptions. Making plays all over the field.

RollTideRandy said:
1. Every time we went to Maze, LSU seemed to know we were going to be throwing deep. I see a huge opportunity throwing short to Maze.

2. Rashad Johnson's contributions in this game was MORE than three interceptions. Making plays all over the field.

Rashad played his heart out. Carried the team IMHO.

Bama1966 said:
RollTideRandy said:

I honestly feel that if Rashad had not got those three INT's we would have lost the game.

Rolling Tide said:
Bama1966 said:
RollTideRandy said:

I honestly feel that if Rashad had not got those three INT's we would have lost the game.

I honestly feel that if we had not fumbled at the goal line, had not fumbled on a return, had not been holding on JPW's TD run, had not missed the first FG attempt, then the score would have more similar to the beat-downs LSU took from Florida and Georgia.

The score could have easily been 38 (or 41) to 14.

I give LSU credit for playing hard, but had we not made costly mistakes, that game would've and should've been over in the 3rd quarter.

bear facts said:
Rolling Tide said:
Bama1966 said:
RollTideRandy said:

I honestly feel that if we had not fumbled at the goal line, had not fumbled on a return, had not been holding on JPW's TD run, had not missed the first FG attempt, then the score would have more similar to the beat-downs LSU took from Florida and Georgia.

I give LSU credit for playing hard, but had we not made costly mistakes, that game would've and should've been over in the 3rd quarter.
I'm glad it happen. This show how these guys came toghter and and won the game. And again I will say this "We won the game in OT and it wasn't at BDS." :D

rick4bama said:
bear facts said:
Rolling Tide said:
Bama1966 said:
RollTideRandy said:

I'm glad it happen. This show how these guys came toghter and and won the game. And again I will say this "We won the game in OT and it wasn't at BDS." :D

Yep, and a 27-21 OT win by Bama had to hurt those LSU fans a lot worse than a 41 to 14 drumming would have.

Hate to sound mean-spirited but LSU fans deserve whatever hurt that comes their way.

CoonassClass08.jpg

RollTideRandy said:

A third point would be the LSU coaching staff does not spend enough time with their offensive unit on tackling drills.

If they taught those players how to tackle, maybe their QB would not have six-touchdown passes to the opponents defensive units. But maybe I am being too harsh; afterall they have tackled an intercepting defender on about ten other opportunities.

Or maybe the staff needs to test to see if Lee is color blind.

Sorry for the hijack.

To your specific points.

We are really limited in WR talent outside Julio. Why any team would go single coverage on Julio at ANY time in the game is beyond my understanding. There is no one on the other side to threaten their coverage.

Both Johnson and Woodall are having great years at the Safety spot. Many times their contribution does not show up with a stat (tackle, PBU, interception), but is really key.

One such hidden stat happened in the Ole Miss game.

Mississippi ran a gadget type play where they tried to sneak a receiver on a delayed type route past our corner (Jackson). Their scheme was successful against the targeted defender (Jackson) as the receiver did get behind coverage. The play was designed for a deep lobbed pass over the top. Only problem - for Ole Miss at least, was that Woodall did not bite on the play-action nor abandon his deep half coverage. When the Ole Miss QB saw the safety over the top he had to try to rifle the pass on a line instead of the lob. When he did this, it allowed Jackson to react back in time and intercept the lower pass.

Jackson was initially beaten on the play, but his 'help' from the safety altered the throw. Jackson got the 'stat' on the play, but it was Woodall who really made the play.

It seems that every catch that he has made has been amazing. Does anyone remember the catch that was called back in the Clemson game? I think that he is a playmaker waiting in the wings.

alagator said:
W are really limited in WR talent outside Julio. Why any team would go single coverage on Julio at ANY time in the game is beyond my understanding. There is no one on the other side to threaten their coverage.

Both Johnson and Woodall are having great years at the Safety spot. Many times their contribution does not show up with a stat (tackle, PBU, interception), but is really key.

The WR "situation" bothered me Sat. as well. I didn't look at the stats, but we weren't exactly spreading the ball around. Maybe it's all about the defense and what they're giving. I don't know.

Where was Mike McCoy? Where were the TE's? I know McCall had at least one reception, but I don't remember Nick Walker getting a grab. We tried Maze again, and it didn't work. So far that deep throw to Maze has only worked once for a TD. I think we only tried it once to Maze Sat.

I LOVED the throw to Earl Alexander. I hated that he had to lose it. He is such a target, and he made a big mistake. I'd like to see him back in there to get that monkey off his back. At first I thought he got hurt on that play, but his name was never mentioned so now I have to assume he had a hard time "getting up" after that one. He may have been in on other plays but never got the ball again. :?

Maybe it's as simple as they were giving us Julio, so we were continuing to take it.

Kareem Jackson had a rough game. I love him and appreciate his hustle. Just seems he was lost on a couple of big plays. I felt bad for him. Hope he regains his confidence.

Jim Hawthorne, the LSU radio play-by-play guy, said that, but for the Tiger turnovers, it should have been 24-0, LSU at the half. Hahahahahahahahahaha! Delusion reigns in Baton Rouge.

Amen, Factor.

Back
Top Bottom