| FTBL Bama-LSU on CBS

BamaHeat

Hi!
The Southeastern Conference announced today that CBS Sports will televise the Nov. 3 Alabama-LSU game to a national audience at 4 p.m. from Bryant-Denny Stadium. Alabama (6-2, 4-1 SEC) and LSU (7-1, 4-1) both have this weekend off.

Lincoln Financial Sports will televise the Vanderbilt-Florida game earlier that day beginning at 11:30 a.m. There will be no SEC games on ESPN or ESPN2 on Nov. 3.

;br

Porterhouse said:
You have to wonder if Gameday will come back to town?

I've got to think we're in the running. Since there's another week of games to go and much can happen, it's speculation, but Wisconsin/Ohio State is a possibility. IF #4 Arizona State gets past Cal and #5 Oregon gets past USC (possibility of both happening is slim), that's your most likely Gameday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?week=10&season=2&year=2007&groupId=80

RTR,

Tim

Porterhouse said:

I hope not! I don't like gameday myself for the most part kirk and the coach remind me of Lou.... I'm sure Kirk hasn't said a bad word about his beloved OSU team. Or how an ease schedule makes them #1 :roll:

Lets take a look shall we see how the power house team was built.

Youngstown State 5-2 1AA?
Akron 3-4
Washington (2-5)
Northwestern (5-3)
Minnesota (1-7)* side note got beat by North Dakota State who's 7-0 got to love the underdogs!*
Purdue (6-2)
Kent State (3-5)
Michigan State (5-3)
Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

So far that's 30 wins total for there oppts. vs. 31 losses. Up to the Penn State game. Now folks that's how you get to be the #1 team in the land!

Akron 3-4
Washington (2-5)
Northwestern (5-3)
Minnesota (1-7)* side note got beat by North Dakota State who's 7-0 got to love the underdogs!*
Purdue (6-2)
Kent State (3-5)
Michigan State (5-3)

So far that's 30 wins total for there oppts. vs. 29 losses. Up to the Penn State game. Now folks that's how you get to be the #1 team in the land![/quote]

Even Worse, I think that is 30 wins and 31 losses.

It Takes Eleven said:
http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=1285564

Here are the 11/3 matchups. The only other head to head SEC game is Arky/USC.
Sat., Nov. 3
*LSU at Alabama
*South Carolina at Arkansas
Tennessee Tech at Auburn (1:30 p.m. CT)
*Vanderbilt at Florida
Troy at Georgia
Northwestern State at Ole Miss
Louisiana-Lafayette at Tennessee (4 p.m. ET)
OPEN: Kentucky, Mississippi State

What about Vandy/Florida?

WRhodesTider said:
It Takes Eleven said:
http://www.rolltide.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8000&ATCLID=1285564

Here are the 11/3 matchups. The only other head to head SEC game is Arky/USC.
Sat., Nov. 3
*LSU at Alabama
*South Carolina at Arkansas
Tennessee Tech at Auburn (1:30 p.m. CT)
*Vanderbilt at Florida
Troy at Georgia
Northwestern State at Ole Miss
Louisiana-Lafayette at Tennessee (4 p.m. ET)
OPEN: Kentucky, Mississippi State

What about Vandy/Florida?

Lincoln Financial. It was mentioned in the first post, that's why I said the only other contest was Arky/SC.

RTR,

Tim

Rolltide24 said:
Akron 3-4
Washington (2-5)
Northwestern (5-3)
Purdue (6-2)
Kent State (3-5)
Michigan State (5-3)

So far that's 30 wins total for there oppts. vs. 31 losses. Up to the Penn State game. Now folks that's how you get to be the #1 team in the land!

Even Worse, I think that is 30 wins and 31 losses.

Opps 31 I'm sry you're right. Now didn't the BARN get told you didn't win a NC because of your schedule?

I'm not saying OSU going to run the table, but if they did talk about BS all the way!

Maybe having Gameday twice in one year would break our Gameday jinx. Hell, we are 3-0 this year playing the 1130 LFN game, I say let's play LSU at 1130 on LFN!! 8)

Optimus said:
Porterhouse said:

I hope not! I don't like gameday myself for the most part kirk and the coach remind me of Lou.... I'm sure Kirk hasn't said a bad word about his beloved OSU team. Or how an ease schedule makes them #1 :roll:

Lets take a look shall we see how the power house team was built.

Akron 3-4
Washington (2-5)
Northwestern (5-3)
Purdue (6-2)
Kent State (3-5)
Michigan State (5-3)
Penn State
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan

Penn State - 6-2
Wisconsin - 6-2
Illinois - 5-3
Michigan - 6-2

Dunno if you purposely left out the record of the best teams on their schedule or not, but yeah, they have a tough stretch IMHO.

Let's compare their opponents to ours.

53-40 is the record of their opponents.

Western Carolina - 1-7
Vanderbilt - 4-3
Arkansas - 4-3
Georgia - 5-2
Florida State - 4-3
Houston - 4-3
Ole Miss - 2-6
Tennessee - 4-3
LSU - 7-1
Mississippi State - 4-4
Louisiana Monroe - 2-5
Auburn - 5-3

So, there's is 53-40 while ours is 46-43. I mean, personally I am not one to look at records and trying to determine if a team is solid by their schedule or lack thereof, but obviously some people like that method so I tend to entertain them when they bring this up. Let's not worry about other teams, their record, their lack of opponents, and how superior our opponents are to theirs. We all already know that the SEC is a tough(er) conference, let's just worry about Alabama.

No offense intended. :) :oops:

WWL radio, New Orleans, is announcing a 4:00 CST start.
At least, that way they don't have to cut the LF game short to switch to the CBS game. LF is shown on the CBS channel in N.O. and for the last two weeks, they've cut away to the LSU-KY game and the KY-UF game. If I hadn't found Bama on a Fox channel, I'd have been thoroughly PO'd.

I have a good feeling about this game, namely because I think we will have a leg up on Miles. We already know that we can expect any punt or field goal to be a fake. We already realize that we are going to have to force LSU into 4th and long because anything else means they are going to run the ball. On the otherhand, Saban proved against UT that he's got alot of tricks up his sleeve and we've yet to see the best to come. Roll Tide!

Back
Top Bottom