| BSB/SB ⚾Bama Baseball Midweek Games - Three-Run Seventh Lifts Baseball to 8-7 Win Over Troy on Wednesday

My coworkers son was penciled in to start this game. Was going to be excited for him and his family. He will get a start I am sure at some point. At this point probably a middle of the week pitcher until he proves himself and gets some experience.

Gotta start somewhere... just last year a couple of Bama's bigger impact guys att he end of the season started off as midweek arms early in the year...

3B Gage Miller hit HR #6 for the season (tying him with McCants for the team lead). The Bishop St. transfer (Jr.) has stepped in nicely thus far to fill the big shoes of departed 3B slugger Colby Shelton who transferred to UF (and is now a SS). FWIW, Shelton also has 6 HR's. And while it would have been ideal for him to stick around, at least up to this point, Miller hasn't made his loss sting much, if any. Shelton hit leadoff a lot last year early in the season then moved down in the order. I hope we see something similar with Miller, but there's also something to be said for having that pop in the leadoff spot. We shall see... regardless, nice to see him swinging it well.

The Tide and Trojans traded leads all afternoon with Alabama getting the upper hand

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. –
Alabama baseball used a three-run seventh inning to defeat Troy, 8-7, on Wednesday afternoon at Sewell-Thomas Stadium. With the win, the 13th-ranked Crimson Tide improves to 12-1 on the year and a perfect 9-0 at The Joe.

Alabama was first on the board on Tuesday, crossing a run in the second, but Troy answered in the top of the third with one run of their own. After UA plated single tallies in the third and fourth, the Trojans tied the game at three a piece with a two-run fifth. Troy took its first lead of the game with one in the sixth, but the Tide answered with a pair of runs in the home half to regain the advantage. A two-run top of the seventh shifted the lead back to the Trojans, but a three-spot following the stretch put Alabama in front for good. That seventh was highlighted by a three-run homer off the bat of Gage Miller. Troy added one in the eighth but would get no closer for the 8-7 final.

Bryce Eblin led the Crimson Tide offense, going 3-for-4 with two doubles, one RBI and a run scored. Also recording a multi-hit day was TJ McCants, who finished 2-for-5 to extend his hitting streak to 13 games while also contributing one run scored and two stolen bases. Miller rounded out the offense with the homer to push his hitting streak to 12 in a row.

Zane Adams was solid in his start on Wednesday, tossing 4.1 innings and allowing three runs (two earned) on five hits and two walks with four strikeouts. He then turned the ball over to the bullpen, with four arms combining for the final 4.2 frames. The relief effort was highlighted by Braylon Myers (1-0), who picked up his first win of the season, along with Alton Davis II who notched his second save to secure the midweek win for UA.

From Head Coach Rob Vaughn

"The energy level today was very mediocre early, but I thought we did a good job of continuing to show up and finding a way to win. There's something to be said for teams that just find a way to get it done when it matters. I didn't think we were outstanding, but at the end of the day we're 12-1 heading into the weekend with a good, veteran Lipscomb team."

Back
Top Bottom