| FTBL Bama and Game-Day

BamaBuck

Verified Member
I know Bama doesn't fair well in games when College Game-Day is involved but with Saban here I'm not all that worried abot curses or bad ju-ju or anything.Has anyone heard about gameday coming to T-town.You would thnk Bama-FSU in J-ville would be a good candidate and certainly the LSU game will get a large share of national attention. Georgia, UT what do yall think?

I don't care for the whole Gameday thing, for me it jumped the shark a while back... but it is good pub for the University of they show up. I guess it is similar to me not liking SI magazine, but having Saban plastered on the cover with a Pro-BAMA story all over the nation this week is a good thing for our program, so I'm all for it.

By the way, is it official now that Herbstriet is no longer with the Gameday crew? If that is true, then it will really suck now...

AlabamaMan said:
Porterhouse said:
By the way, is it official now that Herbstriet is no longer with the Gameday crew? If that is true, then it will really suck now...

I hope he's still with it.

He probably is, there was talk a while back that since he would be doing the ABC game that he would not be able to do the Gameday, unless Gameday was at the same location. I never paid close attention to all of it though, so I'm probably completely wrong. :lol:

If you guys remember, he was doing ABC Sports games last year also. He would do the morning Gameday show and then jump a flight to the game that he was calling. That what he will be doing this year also.

BamaBuck said:
I know Bama doesn't fair well in games when College Game-Day is involved but with Saban here I'm not all that worried abot curses or bad ju-ju or anything.Has anyone heard about gameday coming to T-town.You would thnk Bama-FSU in J-ville would be a good candidate and certainly the LSU game will get a large share of national attention. Georgia, UT what do yall think?

I love the Gameday visits. It brings alot of attention to the university and it's program. You have to look at the situations when they have been at UA.

UCLA - New coach, first game
UGA - Fran- Injured QB, injured Punter, Loss of starting HB.
OU - Mike Shula - Early season game

To believe a curses/jinx is crazy. People that believe a Gameday curse or SI jinx are no different then the tribesmen that were so easily fooled by flashy tactics of Alexander the Great. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom