| FTBL Back up qb

I just want a QB in that has the presence of mind to look at someone else other than the receiver he intends to throw it to, so that he can see a big number 7 wide ass open for a guaranteed touchdown.

BamaDelta said:
I struggle with this controversy.

You look at what JPW does when the chips are down and you know he can bring you back.

But then you look at what he does during the course of the game and you think you gotta get someone else in...someone that can ignite a spark like Lee did for FSU. Someone that can do something!

I haven't seen this brought up yet, but maybe I've just missed it. When we were down on our 7 or so and the score was 7-7 JPW lost the ball. Remember? :? He acted like he had no clue that their defender was coming. He had no awareness of the defender and didn't have control of the ball.

Now, I was in the stadium in the other end zone. I knew exactly what was coming. So did 85,000 other people. As a QB down inside your own 10 you have to know a couple of things...#1 they're going to bring the heat and #2 they're going to go after the ball. He acted unaware of both.

You guys, he's a junior QB with a season under his belt and has played in some of the toughest venues in the SEC. And he didn't practice simple ball control skills???? Ummmm, I don't know what to say.

I know the line didn't block the guy out. I'm simply talking about HIS decisions as a QB right now. :?

Totally off topic, where did you sit? I think we were pretty close to each other. :wink:

Outlaw said:
BamaDelta said:
I struggle with this controversy.

You look at what JPW does when the chips are down and you know he can bring you back.

But then you look at what he does during the course of the game and you think you gotta get someone else in...someone that can ignite a spark like Lee did for FSU. Someone that can do something!

I haven't seen this brought up yet, but maybe I've just missed it. When we were down on our 7 or so and the score was 7-7 JPW lost the ball. Remember? :? He acted like he had no clue that their defender was coming. He had no awareness of the defender and didn't have control of the ball.

Now, I was in the stadium in the other end zone. I knew exactly what was coming. So did 85,000 other people. As a QB down inside your own 10 you have to know a couple of things...#1 they're going to bring the heat and #2 they're going to go after the ball. He acted unaware of both.

You guys, he's a junior QB with a season under his belt and has played in some of the toughest venues in the SEC. And he didn't practice simple ball control skills???? Ummmm, I don't know what to say.

I know the line didn't block the guy out. I'm simply talking about HIS decisions as a QB right now. :?

Totally off topic, where did you sit? I think we were pretty close to each other. :wink:

Were you in the "Bud Zone" too? I thought maybe they would give us discounted beers.....but alas, they were still SEVEN DOLLARS.

Yes, I think I was in the Bud Zone. I didn't even know it til later. What could I have gotten out of the deal? :)

I was in section 147 if I remember correctly. How 'bout you Outlaw?

BamaDelta said:
Yes, I think I was in the Bud Zone. I didn't even know it til later. What could I have gotten out of the deal? :)

So you got to listen to that young girl who wouldn't shut up in the 4th quarter too, then? I'm sorry.

BamaDelta said:

LOL, wow...

Section 147, row T, seat 8.
:wink:

KingKat said:
What bothers me is all these people who are demanding JPW be benched in favor of McElroy don't seem to realize that these guys don't just play football on Saturdays. Yes JPW looked bad today and yes I was furious with him but our coaching staff sees these guys in practice every day. Everyone wants the staff to give McElroy just one chance to see what he can do but in all reality our staff knows what he can do. They know what JPW can do. JPW is playing for a reason. I'm looking for us to get up big on Houston in the first half and playing McElroy in the second just so these JPW bashers will shut up about giving McElroy a chance. I hope he does great but then again, that will just add more fuel to the fire.

Kat, that has been my stance as well. I believe the coaches get to see both play all week long and are the best judges. I know how fragile ego's of "star" QB's can be. Pulling out JP for a series might do more damage than good. That said, there is plenty of evidence that a player that plays 2nd best in practice can still be a better game time player. How many times does a star player go down in college or the NFL only to see the backup do much better. I'm not ready to start second guessing the staff (except under my breath while wathing the game :D ) but something is up JP, and I just don't know what it is.

Back
Top Bottom