| FTBL ATTENTION; Pick'em participants

I

imported_porkchop

Hey gang, don't forget that if you went in yesterday and put in predictions for the NCAA games you need to go back and look at it again. I've added more games today giving us aproximately 30 games on the ticker.

I won't add any more to the NCAA portion, but I still need to add the NFL games so sit tight. I'll post something when I get them done.

The rules are pretty straight forward. You're wanting to pick the most accurate score, not just the winner. You get one point for each correct winner, 5 points for each exact game score. Point differential and winning percentage all go in to determine the standings.

As far as prizes go, I have not even determined that yet. We've still got a couple of weeks before the season even starts so I have not thought a whole lot about it. What we will probably do is award each winner (NCAA/NFL) with DVD's or VHS tapes of their choosing from our Tape and Gaming Forum. I may begin looking for other prizes too. Maybe if I can scan eBay and find something cool I'll pick it up for the winners but like I said, I have not gotten that far yet.

Stay tuned and I'll post something on it later.

porkchop said:
The rules are pretty straight forward. You're wanting to pick the most accurate score, not just the winner. You get one point for each correct winner, 5 points for each exact game score. Point differential and winning percentage all go in to determine the standings.

As far as prizes go, I have not even determined that yet. We've still got a couple of weeks before the season even starts so I have not thought a whole lot about it. What we will probably do is award each winner (NCAA/NFL) with DVD's or VHS tapes of their choosing from our Tape and Gaming Forum. I may begin looking for other prizes too. Maybe if I can scan eBay and find something cool I'll pick it up for the winners but like I said, I have not gotten that far yet.

I was j/k about the prizes. That's why I put the laughing emoticon in there. One more :?: Can you view other picks? By the way, if you sort by username you will see who is #1. :lol:

252BAMA said:
porkchop said:

I was j/k about the prizes. That's why I put the laughing emoticon in there. One more :?: Can you view other picks? By the way, if you sort by username you will see who is #1. :lol:

Well, we will have prizes. It's fine to ask about them. In fact, it may give me some suggestions.

Yeah you can check other people's picks as well. There is a user control panel in there. Just go into it and select "view current picks". You can view past picks as well.

porkchop said:
Yeah you can check other people's picks as well. There is a user control panel in there. Just go into it and select "view current picks". You can view past picks as well.

You sure about that? LOL Is this not just for mods and admins? Just wondering because I don't see a user control panel in there anywhere.

Well, let me check it again. I know when JSLayton was talking to me about it last year he mentioned having that capability, but I was under the impression all participants had the ability to view each other's picks.

I might have to just go back into the configuration and edit something. I'll check on it.

You're right Mine. I checked it again and it is apparently an admin tool likely used to check for possible scoring problems.

I initially thought when JS told me that he was adding that feature it was user-wide thing that he was putting in there so people could compare their picks. Anyway, not a huge deal either way but thanks for catching that Mine.

porkchop said:
You're right Mine. I checked it again and it is apparently an admin tool likely used to check for possible scoring problems.

I initially thought when JS told me that he was adding that feature it was user-wide thing that he was putting in there so people could compare their picks. Anyway, not a huge deal either way but thanks for catching that Mine.

No Problem, that's what I do. ROFL :wink:

Back
Top Bottom