| OT Arizona Cardinals’ new State Farm Stadium food lineup includes cotton candy burrito

Super K. A bit different than the regular K-Mart.

This one had a deli much like the one you find in Publix. But they also had a fish market and a meat market. Live Lobsters as one example. A Lil' Ceasers tucked in one corner.

Sears took over and that was the end of that. Heck, now that I think about it, wasn't it the Super-K's that came out with the concept we see in the big Walmart's today? Groceries on one side, all the other stuff on the other?

Not sure I've been in a Super K... if I have, I don't recall it. The one I mentioned was just an old ass Kmart.

Couple of maybe three years ago, I was visiting Savannah. Went into Krogers for some reason. While inside, I could smell food cooking. Came out with a fried chicken plate. Probably the best chicken I've ever eaten.

Years ago, there was a fried chicken joint a few miles up the road. He cooked his fried chicken under pressure. If you asked for a two piece dinner, he would throw three or four pieces on your plate. He was a Great guy and cooked Great Chicken. When asked about the extra pieces of chicken, he said he wanted to be sure everybody was getting their money's worth.

Not sure I've been in a Super K... if I have, I don't recall it. The one I mentioned was just an old ass Kmart.
In my opinion, if you had, you would remember. A friend of mine crossed my mind when I mentioned this earlier. By estimation, the sea food area was 2000 SQ ft of displays with fresh fish. It was as big as The Corner Store in Tuscaloosa. That was the sea food. From live lobsters to black striped bass.

And. Here's the kicker. It was a clean store.

Couple of maybe three years ago, I was visiting Savannah. Went into Krogers for some reason. While inside, I could smell food cooking. Came out with a fried chicken plate. Probably the best chicken I've ever eaten.
We don't have Kroger here. But, what you are describing is Harris Teeters.

There's a furniture place in the same strip mall. I went there the other day to get an idea on different finishes and could smell the food just walking past the place. It was one of those minutes when you aren't hungry, but your stomach growls at you because of the smell.

There's a BBQ place about a half of a mile from here that does the same thing to me. It sucks, to a degree, when you walk out of your house in the morning before the sun comes up and you can smell the BBQ smoking. About like the old bread plant in Tuscaloosa.

We don't have Kroger here. But, what you are describing is Harris Teeters.

There's a furniture place in the same strip mall. I went there the other day to get an idea on different finishes and could smell the food just walking past the place. It was one of those minutes when you aren't hungry, but your stomach growls at you because of the smell.

There's a BBQ place about a half of a mile from here that does the same thing to me. It sucks, to a degree, when you walk out of your house in the morning before the sun comes up and you can smell the BBQ smoking. About like the old bread plant in Tuscaloosa.
Old bread plant downtown Birmingham use to pump that oder out ....made one very hungry

Hey. Isnt that a supe K over across bridge to Tuscaloosa ...other side of interstate...
Across from whataburger n movie theaters? Or useto be...

It was just a plain old Kmart I think, before it closed. I know I was in there once back around 2013 ish, at Christmas looking for something, and there wasn't anything super about it at the time. It was a hell hole.

I can't remember the name of the brand. Sunbeam? Maybe? @Brandon Van de Graaff @UAgrad93 On fifthteen...I think. I can see it, but can't see it.

Unrelated, sort of...same place, parking lot, where Gottfried got caught "fingering the dough."

Used to be Flowers Bakery I think. Changed names recently... but they bake several brands of bread. I'm sure Sunbeam is probably one of them.

Yep. That was it. The Hardin family owned the place.

I went through the place one time on one of their tours. If I recall correctly, it was built in the late 20's. That was like the Tyson Chicken Farm we visited...a part of a seminar about dietary practices in the US.
Getting dates screw up. Not surprised.

1723479512855.png

Yep. That was it. The Hardin family owned the place.

I went through the place one time on one of their tours. If I recall correctly, it was built in the late 20's. That was like the Tyson Chicken Farm we visited...a part of a seminar about dietary practices in the US.

A friend of mine serviced accounts there up until a couple years ago. He'd get free bread on every visit, warm out of the ovens. A roast beef sandwich on some of that Dave's Killer Bread that's less than a day old eats petty good...

Super K. A bit different than the regular K-Mart.

This one had a deli much like the one you find in Publix. But they also had a fish market and a meat market. Live Lobsters as one example. A Lil' Ceasers tucked in one corner.

Sears took over and that was the end of that. Heck, now that I think about it, wasn't it the Super-K's that came out with the concept we see in the big Walmart's today? Groceries on one side, all the other stuff on the other?
Has Sears gone completely under now?

I don't know the place. Twenty or more years ago, the Super-K had one of the best meat selections in town. The freakin' K-mart.

A little off subject but, k-mart also had the best selections of rods and reels, lures, cast nets, shot guns and rifles! Early to mid 80’s
We didn’t have any super-k’s though

Back
Top Bottom