| OT Arizona Cardinals’ new State Farm Stadium food lineup includes cotton candy burrito

Lol. Would have a 1920s population again...

...yes. When the nutty buddies were ....so....maltreated....
De- humanized....i knew it wasnt going to end up well
A half of a dozen of those now...$8-$9. I love those. But, NOPE. While I can easily afford it, I'm not spending $2 on an ice cream cone.

And, it's about like Fruit Loops. The quality has TANKED.

See. Here's the problem. I don't go to the grocery store when they will deliver it to my door. The meat market, yes. The store, no.

I literally can not remember the last time I was in a grocery store. It's been years.
I remember. Covid. The "counting" of people coming in and out of the store that wasn't working. The arrows. I haven't been inside a grocery store since.

I've said this before. Why go to a store and pick up something when someone else can do it for you? And, leave it at your front door? For $100 a year.

I absolutely love going to grocery...super market style. ...anyway

Same here, usually. For certain stores anyway, and at non-busy times. It is aggravating though when they don't have what I want/need in stock. And while I love Publix for the most part, their constant panhandling at checkout on the part of [insert charity here] gets really annoying... though lately, I've noticed it has tapered off a lot...

Same here, usually. For certain stores anyway, and at non-busy times. It is aggravating though when they don't have what I want/need in stock. And while I love Publix for the most part, their constant panhandling at checkout on the part of [insert charity here] gets really annoying... though lately, I've noticed it has tapered off a lot...
We have only food city. But really small town. So...all but walmarters shop there...
And i get to buy all shit i like. Ms50+ hates grocery shopping. For same 180 degree reason. As a teacher. As parents shop there...its parent teacher conference on every trip

Well. In very small towns. Not only do you get great buys fitting into grocery budget...but can well be social event of season...lol especially mondays after football week ends
Fair point.

When I was in undergrad I was invited to the retirement party for a lady that worked at Bruno's. I think it was Bruno's. Corner on McFarland ...

I always shopped at around five in the morning. No one in the store except workers and a few shoppers.

Now. There is no point. You say "super market," I say "farmers market." The SC fairground is a few miles from here. I would bet the Mexicans's have over 30,000 sq of fresh produce. If I wanted Tien Tisn Chiles right now...

Farmers market. Meat Market. But, why a Supermarket?

One of the things I do like about the Walmart thing is I don't have to go through checkout lines. A few clicks if I were in the store.

I don't mind shopping for groceries though check out lanes can be clogged up and tiresome. I don't have a meat market near me so I shop at several different stores, including Wal Mart, Food Giant and the Pig.

I don't mind shopping for groceries though check out lanes can be clogged up and tiresome. I don't have a meat market near me so I shop at several different stores, including Wal Mart, Food Giant and the Pig.
The W+ membership allows you to self check out as you are walking through the store. While I haven't been in the store in a long time, it's my understanding you check every item before the cart and then it's a two, three step process at self check out.

I normally don't buy any meats from anywhere other than the meat market. Occasionally Publix or Whole Foods. I spent about $40 the other day for three Ribeyes. Now, those three I cut in half to make six, and those six will feed two people (12 meals.) Cut in half they are still bigger than your hand and over an inch thick. That's eating steak for a little over $3.

The W+ membership allows you to self check out as you are walking through the store. While I haven't been in the store in a long time, it's my understanding you check every item before the cart and then it's a two, three step process at self check out.

I normally don't buy any meats from anywhere other than the meat market. Occasionally Publix or Whole Foods. I spent about $40 the other day for three Ribeyes. Now, those three I cut in half to make six, and those six will feed two people (12 meals.) Cut in half they are still bigger than your hand and over an inch thick. That's eating steak for a little over $3.

See. Telling u about Food City. Has meat market that cuts "prime" steaks ...to order
Only way to go...1 1/2 inch thick.

Really. Never knew kmart sold food. Wow.

The blue light specials. Remember them
Super K. A bit different than the regular K-Mart.
Some of them had a deli. I remember one in B'ham area that had the deli very close to the front doors, and when you walked in you'd immediately smell the food. Very distinct smell, with them constantly slicing ham to sell.
This one had a deli much like the one you find in Publix. But they also had a fish market and a meat market. Live Lobsters as one example. A Lil' Ceasers tucked in one corner.

Sears took over and that was the end of that. Heck, now that I think about it, wasn't it the Super-K's that came out with the concept we see in the big Walmart's today? Groceries on one side, all the other stuff on the other?

Back
Top Bottom