| FTBL Applewhite comments for those interested...

Porter, I don't know about you and the others, but there's just something about this comment by MA, which seems to be double-edged and makes me feel a little uncomfortable about "the process."

. . . and see how they're [UT] all on the same page and heading in the same direction

:?

bear facts said:
Porter, I don't know about you and the others, but there's just something about this comment by MA, which seems to be double-edged and makes me feel a little uncomfortable about "the process."

. . . and see how they're [UT] all on the same page and heading in the same direction

You are reading too much into this.

TerryP said:
bear facts said:

You are reading too much into this.

It's the nature of my profession. :D

Do find it a little odd, though, that MA would make a statement like that without something (present or past) influencing him to do so.

What kind of timetable should we expect for a new OC? I thought I seen someone mention something but it's hell searching through these "If Applewhite leaves?" threads. Thanks, RTR

weezyfbaby00 said:
What kind of timetable should we expect for a new OC? I thought I seen someone mention something but it's hell searching through these "If Applewhite leaves?" threads. Thanks, RTR

:lol:

confucius.jpg

"Seek and you shall find."

It Takes Eleven said:
I thought it was all class. I missed seeing anything vague or backhanded, but then again I usually don't understand my wife the first time she doesn't tell me something.

But by the second time you realize it actually is "backhanded"

. . . your wife's back hand, that is. :D

We are going to be alright at the OC position, I have zero doubts about finding one that is suitable for us. One thing I am sure of is that Coach Saban will find a good one. Coach Applewhite is going be a head coach someday and I am hoping the best for him. He has plenty of time to gel thats for sure. Good for Coach Applewhite I appreciate the time he had with us.

Don't worry to much gang we will have a decent OC, I have faith in Coach Saban to find us one. One thing I have learned about him is that he doesn't accept mediocre in anything.

weezyfbaby00 said:

This is just speculation on my part, but I think it will be at least a week to 10 days before any hires are announced. It is possible that it might even be after NSD before an official announcement is made depending on the person hired.

The only part of his statement that could be considered "Back-handed" was his comment about the UT staff being all focused on going the same direction. My take is that it was a straight ahead comment/compliment about the UT staff and implied nothing about the Alabama staff. One has to expect him to make some comments about how good things are, especially in light of replacing two coaches. I fully anticipate CMA's replacement to make virtually the same statement, only replacing Bama with UT.

Look at it in this perspective:

When you've looked at another job in your lifetime, or perhaps offered one to someone, the main gist of that conversation is to sell the person on the company/position. Correct?

Now, weigh this...

When Muschamp was hired and had his presser what were the gist of his comments? UT being on the same page, same goals, same ideals, same...

NOW, when Applewhite holds his presser what was the gist of his comments?

IF you have read the link, just read what Muschamp's were and you'll know what Applewhite's were. It rings loudly of a "party line" that was offered by Brown and others on his staff when both guys were interviewed and spent some time with the group as a whole.

bearfacts, going back to your first response about "buying into the process."

As an example, lets look at McElroy and the need we had to develop him to the point he could lead and contribute in his role as QB.

Now, contrast that to Applewhite where he clearly needed to be developed to the point he could lead and contribute in the sole role of OC.

Both situations didn't come to fruition this year and both individuals wanted to contribute more, I'm positive. Were they ready? No.

I'm not laying any blame on MA, but he was a member of the process like the entire football team was...

It Takes Eleven said:
I thought it was all class. I missed seeing anything vague or backhanded, but then again I usually don't understand my wife the first time she doesn't tell me something.

:lol: Wow! Only the first time? I'm not quite there yet. Give me a couple more years.

Major had nothing bad to say about Alabama. There is no reason to twist. He is all about class, and he has moved forward. We should too. :)

bear facts said:

Don't think quite so much.

Bo7 said:
bear facts said:

Don't think quite so much.

Bo7, you're a half a day late. Terry has already beat you to the punch. Either you didn't read all the remarks or just felt compel to work on your paraphrasing.

And considering the overall performance and inconsistency of Bama's offense this season, it's only natural to wonder what the heck is really going on. People don't make comments like that for no reason.

Personally, I have a feeling that the "Mrs." was missing Texas, and of course, that Applewhite was also looking out for his best interests and future plans down the road. I have a feeling Saban might just stay awhile at Bama, so if MA has aspirations of one day becoming HC, particularly at UT, then now is the time to make the change and move.

Just find it interesting that MA visited the UT campus earlier this month.

Back
Top Bottom