| CURRENT EVENTS Anyone else following the Murdaugh murder trial in South Carolina?

SnakeDoc

Agrees he is a sissy
The Mrs. and I stumbled across the case while exploring the depths of YouTube. Came across a series of videos, beginning with this one. The guy that runs the channel does a good job.

Long story short: DA's wife and son are murdered. Something seems suspicious. He pays someone to kill, or attempt to kill, him, to throw off authorities. He's been arrested and it's looking like he killed his wife and son so nobody would find out about how much money he had embezzled from his law firm and other places over the years. Oh, and there's a pretty good chance that he killed his housekeeper for her insurance money.

Sort of. It's covered heavily on the local news—a broadcast I keep muted. Colleton County, where the trial is being held, is a world in and of itself. Yeah, the people are as well.

...got me reminiscing a bit.

Several years ago we launched a web site at work called Palmetto Biz Buzz. It was patterned after Angie's List but featured reviews on local businesses. I remember reading reviews back then about different restaurants in Walterboro and Waffle House consistently made the top ten. I looked at two this morning; still top ten rankings.

A world in and of itself.

Actually been keeping an eye on this case since the wife and son wound up dead and then he was shit a few months later. It was all too weird. He's guilty as hell
If anyone had an illusion that he wasn't guilty as hell, it disappeared with the phone evidence and testimony. There's a special place in hell for someone who would do that to his wife and son.

Possibly his housekeeper/nanny was the first he killed.
Oh yeah. He did it for the insurance money which he failed to give to her family.

I haven't heard of any life insurance policies on Maggie and Paul, but I did read somewhere that not too long before that Maggie had changed her will, and left him property worth about $2M. Wouldn't be a stretch to say he did it for the property, which is worth a lot of money.

Also, Buster has been left out of everything thus far, so maybe he's clean, but I think he killed "Steven" (video below) somewhere near the time frame of Paul's boat crash and his Dad killing his Mom and brother. This guy's videos is how we first got interested in the case.

Oh yeah. He did it for the insurance money which he failed to give to her family.

I haven't heard of any life insurance policies on Maggie and Paul, but I did read somewhere that not too long before that Maggie had changed her will, and left him property worth about $2M. Wouldn't be a stretch to say he did it for the property, which is worth a lot of money.

Also, Buster has been left out of everything thus far, so maybe he's clean, but I think he killed "Steven" (video below) somewhere near the time frame of Paul's boat crash and his Dad killing his Mom and brother. This guy's videos is how we first got interested in the case.

No way to know if that change in the will was on the up and up. They were not living together and she refused to allow the beach house where she was living to be mortgaged, which brought about part of the bank shenanigans.

No way to know if that change in the will was on the up and up. They were not living together and she refused to allow the beach house where she was living to be mortgaged, which brought about part of the bank shenanigans.
My wife was watching some courtroom testimony and she wasn't supposed to be at Moselle that night. Alex called her and told her to come. So . . . she had to drive almost an hour just so he could kill her.

My wife was watching some courtroom testimony and she wasn't supposed to be at Moselle that night. Alex called her and told her to come. So . . . she had to drive almost an hour just so he could kill her.
And the back story was that her only reason to be there was to see his parents with him, and his alibi was that he went without her. There are gaps in the murder case the prosecution is trying to close, and the defense is trying to widen, but the financial side of this is absolute.

And the back story was that her only reason to be there was to see his parents with him, and his alibi was that he went without her. There are gaps in the murder case the prosecution is trying to close, and the defense is trying to widen, but the financial side of this is absolute.
The cell phone data is quite damaging. He called 9-1-1 and told them that he had checked them and they were dead. The only problem is that according the GPS and call data, he made the phone call before ever getting out of his truck.

Coming back today. State is essentially running their case back through him, highlighting every lie he's told, everyone he's cheated, his multiple prior statements, and then expecting the jury to believe that he's now telling the truth. That didn't go well for Laffitte.
French dude?

I've seen coverage on all the networks but I haven't had the volume on since 11ish last night. It was happenstance I noticed him on the stand when entering this thread yesterday. My gut tells me if he's on the stand there's another play here: at least they hope so.

French dude?

I've seen coverage on all the networks but I haven't had the volume on since 11ish last night. It was happenstance I noticed him on the stand when entering this thread yesterday. My gut tells me if he's on the stand there's another play here: at least they hope so.
The banker. He took the stand out of desperation, I believe, the same reason Murdaugh is. That, or he's so deluded that he believes he can still mesmerize people after being found out for the liar, cheat - and murderer - that he is.

Back
Top Bottom