| FTBL Another coach (asst) losing his job...down there...

TerryP

Staff
I've been hearing word about Borges being out for AU this year for a month+ now...it appears that these stories have merit.

Might want to watch the headlines in the next couple of days...I'm thinking he won't be around for the bowl game as well.

IF anyone is interested in surfin' a few AU boards I'd be curious if there is anything popping up over there.

A few years ago (auburn fans) - "Who in the hell is Al Borges?"

A year of two later - "Holy Crap! We love Al Borges!"

This year - "Al Borges? Get that bum outta here. F that guy."

You guys listen to too much Finebaum.

Actually, Coach Borges just got a little raise and some incentives in a re-worked contract.

Now, he may leave, and he may leave before or after the bowl game, but there is no mass outcry from the AU fanbase screaming for his head as you guys make it out to be.

CAB is well thought of, and yes, we had severe offensive woes this year. There have been many rumors about why this is, but I don't think bringing in a new OC for 2008 would be CTT's first-choice way to improve next year.

"ANOTHER Asst coach losing his job"? Who has lost their job already?

circledrill said:
Now if we said "Another Alabama player arrested" then we would not be speculating one bit.

Yeah, an adult making a decision about coaching is exactly like a player getting arrested for fighting. I see your point. :roll:

Kc Bleeds Crimson said:
circledrill said:
Now if we said "Another Alabama player arrested" then we would not be speculating one bit.

Yeah, an adult making a decision about coaching is exactly like a player getting arrested for fighting. I see your point. :roll:

i knew there had to be an alabama reference in there somewhere. he is a barner ya know. :lol:

circledrill said:

Actually, Coach Borges just got a little raise and some incentives in a re-worked contract.

Now, he may leave, and he may leave before or after the bowl game, but there is no mass outcry from the AU fanbase screaming for his head as you guys make it out to be.

CAB is well thought of, and yes, we had severe offensive woes this year. There have been many rumors about why this is, but I don't think bringing in a new OC for 2008 would be CTT's first-choice way to improve next year.

Nice backhanded comment. Referring to the two walk-ons I am assuming? Lol, they will probably be walking their asses off the team...

circledrill said:

Since this post seems to address me, since I started the thread, I'll respond to a few notes.

First of all, perhaps paying attn. to the title of the thread may be of benefit.

Another coach (asst) losing their job...down there...

... used in the English language, meaning, content has be redacted.

But, now that you have mentioned it, how many coordinators has Tubs been through at Auburn.

I don't listen to Finebaum. The story started with someone sharing that over a month ago who is not associated with Alabama in any shape or form. He's one of the guys that Auburn fans call "a credible source." I've known him for several years and he's never steered me wrong in anything he's stated about Auburn.

Even though I knew of this quite some time ago, I didn't put a thing out there until I heard about it again last night. It wasn't something I was trying to track down, but news that fell into my lap, so to speak.

not to hijack the thread, but in response to the comment by the barnophile... i'm glad players in Tuscaloosa get arrested for acting a fool and causing trouble.

you should know that players all over the country at all schools and football programs screw up and get into trouble. it's the ones you don't hear about that you should be worried about. they are the ones who end up in PRISON after college because they were never held accountable to the standard that the world has for a member of society.

JD, he's trying to make a crack about the two walk-on's that were arrested. It's a bit lame, IMO. If he knew a thing about state law he'd understand what 3rd degree assault involves. It's a charge commonly issued when both parties are arrested for a fight.

This one was over a girl, from what I understand. Big freakin' deal, IMO. :roll:

Wait a minute...two college boys fighting over a girl...what an outrage...this would never happen around a real football program with discipline...

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Get a life!

Back
Top Bottom