| FTBL an inconvenient truth

UF throttled us 50 odd point after spotting us a 7 point deficit

You guys...took us to overtime.

you will be throttled. unless jpwtrsjpw has 1000 yards and Cody has 10 tackles, i honestly think teblow and the gaytors will win. i forsee two trips to the ATL for bama.

And let me just say that we will lose the Cotton Bowl unless Lee (i.e; the greatest QB Bama has ever had)actually makes throws to the guys in white.

Brad Harris said:

you will be throttled. unless jpwtrsjpw has 1000 yards and Cody has 10 tackles, i honestly think teblow and the gaytors will win. i forsee two trips to the ATL for bama.

And let me just say that we will lose the Cotton Bowl unless Lee (i.e; the greatest QB Bama has ever had)actually makes throws to the guys in white.

This will already be our second trip to "the Atlanta".

I love all this, "you'll be throttled, unless" talk.
It's funny how the keys to the game are all based on what WE have to do. Almost like UF just needs to show up at the Georgia Dome.

News flash...

If UF reads and hears the hype and just..."shows up", guess who's going to be throttled??!!

If memory serves, WE are #1 and WE are undefeated!

Go ahead and give UF the key to heaven for all I care. Until they beat Alabama...they haven't beaten Alabama.

They don't hand out titles on Nov. 21st.

I'm sure Ole Miss needed 8,000 yards to beat UF, before the game started. Key word being "before"...

If UF beats our brains in, I will be the first to give them credit, but the last time I checked...we were undefeated and #1.

It doesn't matter how UF is playing now. What matters is how well they play at 4PM eastern time on Dec 6.

~Bryan

If the D plays great and prevents some scoring by UF(there will be a good bit), and the O plays as well as their best this year. We have a good chance of winning. The team will have to play on all cylinders though. Including special teams/kicking game.

Realistically, I think the D will need to score once or twice. Otherwise, it will be up to which team out scores the other.

BamaHeat said:
If the D plays great and prevents some scoring by UF(there will be a good bit), and the O plays as well as their best this year. We have a good chance of winning. The team will have to play on all cylinders though. Including special teams/kicking game.

Realistically, I think the D will need to score once or twice. Otherwise, it will be up to which team out scores the other.

Florida is very opportunistic. Many of their points over the past few weeks have come off of turnovers and short field opportunities.

Alabama is not generous in the way that other teams have been.

Florida may win, but they will know that they have been in a battle, and their starters will have to play 60 minutes.

Big_Fan said:
BamaHeat said:

Florida is very opportunistic. Many of their points over the past few weeks have come off of turnovers and short field opportunities.

Alabama is not generous in the way that other teams have been.

Florida may win, but they will know that they have been in a battle, and their starters will have to play 60 minutes.

I think you hit on a lot of it right there. Florida is very talented, no doubt. But they look a lot more talented when they're inside other teams/coaches heads. They look a lot more talented when teams get out of their game plan and give them points. BAMA isn't going to give them 2 or 3 scores in the first few minutes. And I don't think Saban and company are rattled by Urban Meyer.

One thing with Florida IMHO is that they don't like power teams. I think that gives their speed problems. The exception to that is obviously South Carolina, but that was a case of USC giving Florida scores and getting out of their game plan.

And let's face it. Talk up Garcia, Davis and the USC offense all you want, but most people would agree that they're not very good offensively. USC hasn't been since Spurrier took over. They aint running the "fun n gun" in Columbia.

Porter said:
Break it down for us now using Ole Miss. Thanks.

Indeed how did the greatest team of all time. Tebow who walks on water, and can score 800 points alone. How did Ole Miss beat them?

Let me guess luck?

Last thing an inconvenient truth, LSU fans are still crying about ALABAMA beating them.

P.S. We play Auburn next week well worry about the GAYTORs week after.

RollTide1980 said:
I love all this, "you'll be throttled, unless" talk.
It's funny how the keys to the game are all based on what WE have to do. Almost like UF just needs to show up at the Georgia Dome.

News flash...

If UF reads and hears the hype and just..."shows up", guess who's going to be throttled??!!

If memory serves, WE are #1 and WE are undefeated!

Go ahead and give UF the key to heaven for all I care. Until they beat Alabama...they haven't beaten Alabama.

They don't hand out titles on Nov. 21st.

I'm sure Ole Miss needed 8,000 yards to beat UF, before the game started. Key word being "before"...

If UF beats our brains in, I will be the first to give them credit, but the last time I checked...we were undefeated and #1.

It doesn't matter how UF is playing now. What matters is how well they play at 4PM eastern time on Dec 6.

~Bryan

What he said.

Brad Harris said:

you will be throttled.
Really? Let's look at UF's games since their loss to Ole Miss, since those seem to be the only games that everyone uses to coronate UF as "unbeatable."

Arkansas (away) - UF scored five TDs. One came on a 16 yard drive. UF also scored 21 garbage points in the fourth quarter to make that win look surprisingly easy. 38-7 Gators.

LSU (home) - Five offensive TDs for UF, one on a 41 yard drive. One interception return for a TD by UF; of course, everyone does that against Less this year. 17 garbage points for UF in the fourth quarter. 51-21 Gators.

Kentucky (home) - Eight offensive TDs. Drives of three yards and one yard after blocked punts. One interception return for a TD. At this time, UK had already lost their two best offensive playmakers. 63-5 UF.

Georgia (Jax) - Seven UF offensive TDs. Drives of 41, 1, 30, and 25 yards. UGA shot themselves in the foot bigtime in this one. 49-10 Gators.

Vandy (away) - Six TDs, two on drives of 32 and 29 yards. 42-14, Gators.

South Carolina (home) - Seven offensive TDs including UF drives of 26, 5, 40, and 42 yards. One interception return for a TD. 56-6 Gators.

So...of UF's 38 offensive TDs, 14 of them came on drives of 42 yards or less - 37%. Looking at UF in this light, their offensive production looks less daunting.

I doubt that Bama will beat themselves when the stakes are so high.

Brad Harris said:

Wrong.

This is the inconvenient truth:

146899009515989866d7rj0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom