| FTBL An Early Look at the Offense for Next Year

How so....?
Kicking doesn't fall on one person. This situation is no different.

Analogy: Golf swing. I 'teach' it in an H-H-H method. Hip, hip, head (of the club.) Left hip through, right hip through, club head through.

The kicking is S-H-K. It's timing just like a golf swing and, as one of the examples being the PAT's, it's not the K that's been off. A kicker consistently pushing the ball always falls back to the timing. Look at it position by position—start with the hold.

( @BamaBoyJosh or @Sgt. Lincoln Osiris ... or both? What am I remembering about a pretty long thread on holders? I recall examples going back to how AJ was used. )

This goes to a broader point as well. We've seen the punters drops all over the place throughout three quarters of this season.

Both of these issues, fundamental issue(s) to each part of special teams, has a dedicated coach now. That brings in the big picture, doesn't it?

How so....?

Analogy: Golf swing. I 'teach' it in an H-H-H method. Hip, hip, head (of the club.) Left hip through, right hip through, club head through.

The kicking is S-H-K. It's timing just like a golf swing and, as one of the examples being the PAT's, it's not the K that's been off. A kicker consistently pushing the ball always falls back to the timing. Look at it position by position—start with the hold.

( @BamaBoyJosh or @Sgt. Lincoln Osiris ... or both? What am I remembering about a pretty long thread on holders? I recall examples going back to how AJ was used. )

This goes to a broader point as well. We've seen the punters drops all over the place throughout three quarters of this season.

Both of these issues, fundamental issue(s) to each part of special teams, has a dedicated coach now. That brings in the big picture, doesn't it?
In our case, Shank - Hit the upright - Kuss. ;):p

How so....?

No....not really...we had special teams coy...lol
Like in golf...a pat/fg is practicing...and as many opportunities....still can’t get it right...
And kicking ko outta bounds....and cant get it in endzone....( while the other team has no problem doing so...so its not the physical environment)... and its not just one year... ( pappa from last year...others from earlier 2000s...etc)
sorry....we need a dependable kicker....period....

I will add this to this thread instead of a new deal. Not sure if any of you have ever ready post by HuskyPup on Bama 247 but this guy is really good. Each week he runs his deal on whomever Bama plays and picks the winner based on his data. He actually had Clemson the winner based on his model by about 5 points. This is his take on what happend and why. Make notes for their will be a quiz. Based on his numbers it's not a bad thing that Big Mike and Enos have hit the road. (more Mike)

What Happened Was...

I will add this to this thread instead of a new deal. Not sure if any of you have ever ready post by HuskyPup on Bama 247 but this guy is really good. Each week he runs his deal on whomever Bama plays and picks the winner based on his data. He actually had Clemson the winner based on his model by about 5 points. This is his take on what happend and why. Make notes for their will be a quiz. Based on his numbers it's not a bad thing that Big Mike and Enos have hit the road. (more Mike)

What Happened Was...

A good write up. My summary of what I read - On Defense the issues were personnel (injured players with CB and pass rushers) and on Offense it was strategy (ball control) and play calling on 3rd down. Bama was successful when Venables could not predict what was coming (1st and 2nd downs) but on 3rd and short (run downs) we were not. Play calling was predictable instead of mixing it up. Did not give Tua a chance to make plays on those downs.

How so....?

It had to do with starting QBs holding. Someone said that AJ only held as a freshmen and we had to drag that person for that lol

What Happened Was...

A good write up. My summary of what I read - On Defense the issues were personnel (injured players with CB and pass rushers) and on Offense it was strategy (ball control) and play calling on 3rd down. Bama was successful when Venables could not predict what was coming (1st and 2nd downs) but on 3rd and short (run downs) we were not. Play calling was predictable instead of mixing it up. Did not give Tua a chance to make plays on those downs.

Those teams that made Bama drive the ball 8-10 plays without giving up long TD plays were doing great work. When we had to drive it we did tend to make mistakes as far as a penalty to get us behind down and distance. JMO but #8 should have been the back getting all the attempts once we made the redzone for he is on another level when tuff yards were needed than 22 and 34.

Last edited:
We need to throw the checkbook at Jeff Stoutland.

I wonder how much he DOES make???? I bet we are already competitive - we can afford him!

Best o-lines we had were under him.. Pendry wasn't bad either, but we're not gonna pull him off his farm at his age.

Pendry is working in the new pro football league ... maybe the Bham team? but dont know enough about it to know (care)
looked it up "
Longtime Alabama staffer to be GM for Birmingham AAF team
"

Back
Top Bottom