| FTBL Alex Stadler dismissed?

shipley00

Early reports suggested he just left, but this puts the terms in question.

STADLER UPDATE: Saban's terse explanation on this week's departure of reserve offensive lineman Alex Stadler hinted at a dismissal.

"We have rules and policies that everybody has to abide by, relative to everybody's responsibility to be on the team," Saban said. "It's everybody's choice and decision to do that or not do that. He has the option to finish his schooling here this semester, and maybe if he wants to go someplace else and play that will be his decision in the future."

Not sure we'll ever know what really transpired.

shipley00 said:

STADLER UPDATE: Saban's terse explanation on this week's departure of reserve offensive lineman Alex Stadler hinted at a dismissal.

"We have rules and policies that everybody has to abide by, relative to everybody's responsibility to be on the team," Saban said. "It's everybody's choice and decision to do that or not do that. He has the option to finish his schooling here this semester, and maybe if he wants to go someplace else and play that will be his decision in the future."

OK, I've seen this type stuff before. I know we may never know the full story, but what the heck kind of rules is he talking about? Go to class? Show up for practice? Don't cuss out the coach? I just don't get it.

BamaDelta said:
shipley00 said:

OK, I've seen this type stuff before. I know we may never know the full story, but what the heck kind of rules is he talking about? Go to class? Show up for practice? Don't cuss out the coach? I just don't get it.

I am not down there so I dont know the truth, but I heard he is pretty lazy when it comes to working out. It may have nothing to do with it, but I hear there will be 4 to 5 cut from the team just for that same reason at seasons end unless they start doing what they are told.

Really, what difference does it make, and why is it the "public's" place to know what transpired? The young man is no longer with the team, simple enough.

I reckon nobody else has made a poor decision or two when they were 19 and 20 years old. I know I have.

bear facts said:
Really, what difference does it make, and why is it the "public's" place to know what transpired? The young man is no longer with the team, simple enough.

I reckon nobody else has made a poor decision or two when they were 19 and 20 years old. I know I have.

I made one reallly bad one when I was 20, but I divorced her! :wink: :D

Bama1966 said:
bear facts said:

Bingo!!!!

C'mon guys, aren't you at least curious? I want to know all the inner-workings. :wink:

I agree with you for the most part though.

BamaDelta said:
Bama1966 said:
bear facts said:

Bingo!!!!

C'mon guys, aren't you at least curious? I want to know all the inner-workings. :wink:

Ms. Delta, I gave up a long time ago with the decisions of Alabama Football that is not in my control. It made me a wreck. Between Gene Jelks, Antonio Langham, and the Albert Means fiasco, I quit worring about the players angle. They are mostly there to play, if they choose to leave, be "lazy" sign a napkin or whatever, then so be it. I have the ones that are there and playing their butts off to cheer for.

Respectfully speaking of course. :)

BamaDelta said:
Bama1966 said:
bear facts said:

Bingo!!!!

Delta, I wasn't directing that toward you. I realize you simply wanted to know what one had to do to get dismissed.

I just get tired of the media prying into more than they need to know. If the young man, indeed, made a poor decision let him live with it on his own without everyone else having to know.

I don't know about you guys but I'm kind of glad to see these things go down since Saban coming to UA. It shows that we are making sure our players are not just part of a football team but more importantly they are there for a college education. Also that they meet the coaches "bar level" in terms of what he expects out of the team and the players individually. Basically if you can't meet those requirements, you don't play.

It also keeps us in check with having players on the team that meet both the NCAA and the institutions requirements on eligiblity for intercollegiate competition.

Having said that, i'm not sure if this ordeal was academic-reasoned or something deeper within the team or coaching staff. Obviously some requirement wasn't being met and action was taken. I think it sets a standard for the other players, whatever the reasoning behind this dismissal was, and to me that's a good thing. Sure we lost a player but I think in the long run I want guys on my team that are willing to meet every requirement there is just so they can play. anything less isn't acceptable. That's the kind of attitude that takes disipline and that;s the kind of players you want on your team.

/my rant

BAMA JAMMA said:
I don't know about you guys but I'm kind of glad to see these things go down since Saban coming to UA. It shows that we are making sure our players are not just part of a football team but more importantly they are there for a college education. Also that they meet the coaches "bar level" in terms of what he expects out of the team and the players individually. Basically if you can't meet those requirements, you don't play.

It also keeps us in check with having players on the team that meet both the NCAA and the institutions requirements on eligiblity for intercollegiate competition.

Having said that, i'm not sure if this ordeal was academic-reasoned or something deeper within the team or coaching staff. Obviously some requirement wasn't being met and action was taken. I think it sets a standard for the other players, whatever the reasoning behind this dismissal was, and to me that's a good thing. Sure we lost a player but I think in the long run I want guys on my team that are willing to meet every requirement there is just so they can play. anything less isn't acceptable. That's the kind of attitude that takes disipline and that;s the kind of players you want on your team.

/my rant

I agree, Ramma Jamma, exactly with your sentiments. I also feel these situations should remain "in-house." Yes, it is important to set standards and examples for other players, but at the same time, it is not necessary for the rest of the public to know the specifics.

Disciplinary problems and dismissals should be strictly between the individual, coaching staff, and also university administration & proper authorities if their involvement is necessary, not everybody who reads a newspaper or watches/listens to the news.

bear facts said:
BAMA JAMMA said:

/my rant

I agree, Ramma Jamma, exactly with your sentiments. I also feel these situations should remain "in-house." Yes, it is important to set standards and examples for other players, but at the same time, it is not necessary for the rest of the public to know the specifics.

Disciplinary problems and dismissals should be strictly between the individual, coaching staff, and also university administration & proper authorities if their involvement is necessary, not everybody who reads a newspaper or watches/listens to the news.
AMEN!!! That my friend is called class! Got some? I wish every thought like that....maybe not, then we all be old!!! JJ :wink:

bear facts said:

I totally agree it should be kept private and if it's released publicly, the details left out for the privacy of both the player and the staff.

I agree with what everyone is saying about us fans and the media not needing nor have the right to know what is going on with stuff like this.

But, it doesn't keep me from WANTING to know! :D

bear facts said:

That was about 90 years ago though. Times were different then. You could not get a DUI with horse and buggy.

Bama Bo said:
I agree with what everyone is saying about us fans and the media not needing nor have the right to know what is going on with stuff like this.

But, it doesn't keep me from WANTING to know! :D
I think that was Delta's point too.Im the same way.I have to know everything,people even call me nosey, i dont know where they get that crap from!!!! :twisted:

Bones82 said:
bear facts said:

That was about 90 years ago though. Times were different then. You could not get a DUI with horse and buggy.

Hell if it was 90 years ago Factor was 15!!!!! :lol:

Teague13 said:
Bones82 said:
bear facts said:

Hell if it was 90 years ago Factor was 15!!!!! :lol:
LMAO

Back
Top Bottom