| CURRENT EVENTS Alec Baldwin involved in fatal shooting. (WSJ reports prosecutors plan to charge Baldwin.)

It is terrible. You'd think with prior deaths from accidental discharges of blanks, everyone on a set would know better, and they should even have a safety manager to control firearms and ammo.

I may be completely off base, but part of this causes me to wonder what the full story is. First, Baldwin is a notorious hothead, hopefully this wasn't something borne of anger. Second, reports say he lingered out in the parking lot of the police station, out in the open for all reporters and photographers to see, being very emotional, not even sitting in a car. If I was a party to something this tragic, I'd be out of the public eye. Hopefully he's not posturing.

So now it's coming out that firearm safety had already been an issue with three accidental discharges during filming, and the union crew had left in protest over working conditions a few hours before the deadly accident occurred. Lawsuits galore, I'm sure.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How about jail time for who is responsible?

In Cody Wy, they used to have a re enactment of an old western shootout in the street everyday. That is until one of the actors got pissed at one of the other actors and decided to use live ammunition and shot the other guy dead. Needles to say, they stopped having those re enactments.

Had an argument with my mother in law on this very thing yesterday. She thinks he shouldn't face any charges at all. The charges will probably be plead down but they were right in being charged. Were I to take a gun handed to me by someone I am supposed to trust, point it at a person, and pull the trigger, then I am responsible for what happens. You should not get preferential treatment just because you were making a movie. He may be able to use it as a defense, but the charges are proper.

Back
Top Bottom