| FTBL Alabama's very tentative 2008 schedule

BamaCoast said:
One of the interesting things about this years schedule is the Vols will not have a bye week before the Bama game. How long has it been since this happened?

I honestly can't remember the last time. I always thought it was such a scam.

In case anyone is interested A-U-B-U-R-N'n 2008 schedule is:

9/6 @West Va.
9/13 @ Miss St.
9/20 LSU
9/27 Tenn.
10/4 @ Vandy
10/11 Arkansas
10/18 USM
10/25 @ Ole Miss
11/8 Open
11/15 Georgia
11/22 @ Bama

Thank goodness, no Div. 2 teams.

BamaCoast said:
One of the interesting things about this years schedule is the Vols will not have a bye week before the Bama game. How long has it been since this happened?

It has not happened since the SEC took control of making out the conference schedule. Bama bitched about it so much the SEC decided to show Bama it could be worse. They said "OK Bama, we'll make UT play MSU(ha,ha,ha), and we'll give ALL of the other seven an open date". This year Vandy chose to play Richmond, UGA chose to play WCU, Ole Miss chose to play LaTech, and the other four took the week off.

Proud Tiger said:

9/6 West Va.
9/13 @ Miss St.
9/20 LSU
9/27 Tenn.
10/4 @ Vandy
10/11 Arkansas
10/18 USM
10/25 @ Ole Miss
11/8 Open
11/15 Georgia
11/22 @ Bama

Of course there are no Div. 2 teams. Division 1 teams can't play Division 2 teams.

252BAMA said:
Proud Tiger said:

9/6 West Va.
9/13 @ Miss St.
9/20 LSU
9/27 Tenn.
10/4 @ Vandy
10/11 Arkansas
10/18 USM
10/25 @ Ole Miss
11/8 Open
11/15 Georgia
11/22 @ Bama

Of course there are no Div. 2 teams. Division 1 teams can't play Division 2 teams.

LOL, The Barn vs Slippery Rock!

252BAMA said:
Proud Tiger said:

9/6 West Va.
9/13 @ Miss St.
9/20 LSU
9/27 Tenn.
10/4 @ Vandy
10/11 Arkansas
10/18 USM
10/25 @ Ole Miss
11/8 Open
11/15 Georgia
11/22 @ Bama

I'm sure he meant Div 1-AA. :roll:

RollTideRandy said:
252BAMA said:
Proud Tiger said:

9/6 West Va.
9/13 @ Miss St.
9/20 LSU
9/27 Tenn.
10/4 @ Vandy
10/11 Arkansas
10/18 USM
10/25 @ Ole Miss
11/8 Open
11/15 Georgia
11/22 @ Bama

I'm sure he meant Div 1-AA. :roll:

Thanks RTR, yes I did mean Div. 1-AA. Heck it gets confusing with the nomenclature. I can't keep up with it. But I was right, we aren't playing any Div. 2 teams :D

All I know is I'm glad we have all the "weaker" teams off the schedule for awhile at least. I'm tired of paying $40 or so for a nothing game and then not even caring about going to the game. Same thing a lot of you here have expressed.

Very true. I HAVE to watch every game and if I can't go to a Western Carolina type game I have to buy the damn thing on PPV. Which I guess isn't too bad if you have a few buds pitch in but still.

BamaBullies said:
Very true. I HAVE to watch every game and if I can't go to a Western Carolina type game I have to buy the damn thing on PPV. Which I guess isn't too bad if you have a few buds pitch in but still.

I know what you mean. But I buy 10 season books so I'm looking at a ton of money in tickets, gas and food (and sometimes a hotel room) to go to a Western Carolina" type game. I can usually watch it on PPV for $25. I often wonder why I am even continuing to buy tickets. But I have geat seats on the 45 yd. line and once you give them up, forget that forever.

Proud Tiger said:
BamaBullies said:

I know what you mean. But I buy 10 season books so I'm looking at a ton of money in tickets, gas and food (and sometimes a hotel room) to go to a Western Carolina" type game. I can usually watch it on PPV for $25. I often wonder why I am even continuing to buy tickets. But I have geat seats on the 45 yd. line and once you give them up, forget that forever.

Just give it a few years, PT, and those seats won't be so hard to come by. :wink:

bamafan4ever said:
Proud Tiger said:
BamaBullies said:

Just give it a few years, PT, and those seats won't be so hard to come by. :wink:

For better or worse, history has shown that to not be the case. People seem to hang on to seats thru thick and thin. Not like Bama fans huh (just kidding).

Auburn tickets and Bama tickets are night and day. Auburn has maybe two or three games a year that place is completely full. Bama fills it ups every game.

Anybody ever been to a Barn game that doesnt involve Bama? Tickets are floating around for 5 or 10 bucks everywhere.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Auburn tickets and Bama tickets are night and day. Auburn has maybe two or three games a year that place is completely full. Bama fills it ups every game.

Anybody ever been to a Barn game that doesnt involve Bama? Tickets are floating around for 5 or 10 bucks everywhere.

Lenny..this has been discussed here ad naseum but just me say that all our home games are sold out unless the visiting team returns tickets late. Does this mean everybody who bought a ticket shows up? Nope.

It's just like I implied above, I don't go to some of our "nothing" games because it just isn't worth my time and money. But I paid for the tickets. And yes for such games, I have often sold tickets way below what I paid for them. But as far as the Athletic Dept. is concerned, the games are sellouts (or close to it) and they get their revenue. That's why I'm saying I'm glad to see us get these weaker teams off the schedule. I doubt the situation is much different at Bama from what discussions I have had with several Bama friends who feel the same way I do about the schedules.

I can't speak for Auburn, but I'm sure if I did, it would sound like... DUUUUUURRRRRR.

Anyway, I don't know how they do with tickets, all I know is having 6k people waiting on Tide Pride seats says a lot about our fans and the direction Alabama is moving once again.

AlabamaMan said:
I can't speak for Auburn, but I'm sure if I did, it would sound like... DUUUUUURRRRRR.

Anyway, I don't know how they do with tickets, all I know is having 6k people waiting on Tide Pride seats says a lot about our fans and the direction Alabama is moving once again.

That's always healthy in any business.
DUUUUUUUUURRRR I bet they can all get cheap tickets for the Northern illinios game :D :D

Porterhouse said:
252BAMA said:
Proud Tiger said:

9/6 West Va.
9/13 @ Miss St.
9/20 LSU
9/27 Tenn.
10/4 @ Vandy
10/11 Arkansas
10/18 USM
10/25 @ Ole Miss
11/8 Open
11/15 Georgia
11/22 @ Bama

LOL, The Barn vs Slippery Rock!

I don't know -- the Slippery Rock Rockets can be a tough team. They might be a handful for the barn!

Plus, my cousin played football there, I'm sure he'd love to see that matchup!

Proud Tiger said:
AlabamaMan said:

That's always healthy in any business.
DUUUUUUUUURRRR I bet they can all get cheap tickets for the Northern illinios game :D :D

You can get cheap tickets to Bama games against the crap teams (when Bama is down like last year) I suggest you try and get a ticket to W.Carolina vs Bama and tell me how cheap they are. At the Barn mid tier SEC games are EASY to come by (MSU, Vandy, UK, and even ARK) Like I said only once or twice a year does a ticket get scalped at the Barn. Only once or so does a Bama ticket go for face value or less

Football - 1977 Schedule & Results

Date Opponent Location Results Media
Sat, Sep 10 Ole Miss Birmingham 34 - 13 (W)

Sat, Sep 17 Nebraska Lincoln 24 - 31 (L)

Sat, Sep 24 Vanderbilt Nashville, TN 24 - 12(W)

Sat, Oct 01 Georgia Tuscaloosa 18 - 10 (W)

Sat, Oct 08 Southern Cal Los Angeles 21 - 20 (W)

Sat, Oct 15 Tennessee Birmingham 24 - 10 (W)

Sat, Oct 22 Louisville Tuscaloosa 55 - 6 (W)

Sat, Oct 29 Mississippi State Jackson, MS 37 - 7 (W)

Sat, Nov 05 LSU Baton Rouge, LA 24 - 3 (W)

Sat, Nov 12 Miami Tuscaloosa 36 - 0 (W)

Mon, Dec 26 Auburn Birmingham 48 - 21 (W)

Mon, Jan 02 Ohio State Sugar Bowl 35 - 6 (W)

* Conference Games

SOURCE

My My how times have changed.

Back
Top Bottom