| FTBL Alabama vs. Auburn Time of Game Changed

Bama Los

Verified Member
The SEC released the kickoff times for next week, since Auburn and Alabama lost this past weekend, CBS dropped the Alabama/Auburn game at 12:30, so now the game will be on ESPN at 7:00pm.

link

Thats freaking great news!!!!

I was seriously considering missing my first Bama/Barn game since 1986 with that early kick. :oops:

Ill be down on the plains smelling the cow dung now!

Not long after the game time was announced I heard from an auburn fan I work with who was VERY happy over the night game and said the barn fans are now licking their chops because "they play at another level at night".

Good, now I don't have to listen to Gary Danielson and Verne Dumbquist but still have to put up with Todd Blackledge and Mike Patrick. :roll:

Maybe MP will give us another classic line:

During a college football matchup between the University of Alabama and the University of Georgia on September 22, 2007, Mike Patrick awkwardly referenced Britney Spears during an ESPN telecast. Patrick asked partner Todd Blackledge what Britney was doing with her life to which Blackledge eventually replied, "Why do we care?" Soon after, Patrick called the game-winning touchdown in overtime. The following week Patrick was the goat of talk-radio jokes for his comment, the ringleader being Paul Finebaum. Georgia won the football game 26-23. In a subsequent telecast (South Carolina versus Tennessee, October 27, 2007) Patrick again made reference to Spears by suggesting she had just purchased "a new double-wide."

RTR!

ColoradoTide said:
Not long after the game time was announced I heard from an auburn fan I work with who was VERY happy over the night game and said the barn fans are now licking their chops because "they play at another level at night".

I gotta why on that one? Shouldn't make a difference from a players view..the ones on the field..Maybe "they" means the fans have more "spirit" flowing after cocktail hr? Funny how all of a sudden after a time change we're supposed to be concerned that they play at a different level at night? I'm concerned regardless of time. It'll be loud and ugly as ever. It's the Barn. :lol:

Maybe Tuberville will sacrifice a chicken or something in the locker room since it will be dark? No wait....they still have Pat Dye for that....reading letters, etc. :roll:

The ESPN announcers mentioned Britney Spears during the UT-South Carolina game too. My friend and I looked at each other just amazed then started laughing. WHAT DO THESE ANNOUNCERS THINK?!?! :shock:

billfish said:
It Takes Eleven said:
rammajamma said:
Colin said:
I'm so glad we drop Blubbering Verne but we still have to endure taste of the town just one more time :(

Whats really left? Last time was the Drug Store in Toomers Corners, this time will it be the Hardees in Opelika?

Hand slung chitlins at Marge's on Wire Road.

LMAO...I guess it's better than unslung? :shock:

Or hoof slung.

ColoradoTide said:

I'm just grateful it's not an 11:30 game, because Bama plays "another level" then too, just too bad it's a level down. :D

Tider 27 said:
I never like to play LSU or Auburn at night. :?

LSU at night in death valley was almost considered an instant win back in the day? or something like that. Love night games as a player.

Back
Top Bottom