| MBB/WBB Alabama Hands No. 4 Auburn its First Loss of Season

The barn is over rated and SOS is 54 after watching last night I wondered how they could be undefeated. Meanwhile SOS for the Tide is 23.

The barn played a poor game last night, not even their B- game, which will never cut it for a road team in the SEC. Maybe they are a bit overrated, but #23 is the real deal. Barring injury, he'll be a one-and-done top 15 pick.

Barners are not taking this loss well and it's very satisfying. The whining about officiating is just glorious.
There's certainly a home court advantage no matter where you play.

h.jpg
The barn is over rated and SOS is 54 after watching last night I wondered how they could be undefeated. Meanwhile SOS for the Tide is 23.
This was their second true road game. They've only left the state one time for their recent game with MSU. They're good enough to make it to the dance with a very weak OOC schedule.

Attachments

• h.jpg
    h.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 1
I'm guessing here ... put back attempts within a few feet of the basket are considered layups in the stat book? IE: A tipped ball that's a miss.
Was discussing this with a barner fan at work yesterday and he said the most frustrating thing for him during the game was the missed layups. I assumed this was tip ins as well. Still I would think being that close to the basket your percentage would be well above the 41% the Barners shot.

CNO was on F'baum yesterday he said Reese will have surgery at the end of the season. I'm guessing from what I've seen it may be a knee.

These layups were atleast contested, so give our defense some credit and let's not think of them as just break away attempts they just missed at some high clip. We contested just about every shot I made from what I remember. Very few points in transition and they didn't get as many wide open threes as I'm sure they're used to. Our boys defense is what did it, not necessarily just a bad off night for Auburn.

These layups were atleast contested, so give our defense some credit and let's not think of them as just break away attempts they just missed at some high clip. We contested just about every shot I made from what I remember. Very few points in transition and they didn't get as many wide open threes as I'm sure they're used to. Our boys defense is what did it, not necessarily just a bad off night for Auburn.

Most definitely but they also missed some wide open lay ups and even a wide open dunk.

I'm surprised the barn was undefeated coming into this game.

Notice, "if the game were at home" along with the 15 wins being mentioned. Two thirds of their games were at home, a game in Mobile as well, along with three in exhibition. Beating Davidson in Annapolis isn't a big deal.

I don't mean this as a slight on Auburn's talent. A note of caution, perhaps. They are 3-2 in conference with the two losses on the road. Mississippi State, Auburn's lone road win, just walked through Georgia at home after beating Mizzou by around 25.

Hard to get a grasp on a few of the teams and it's almost February.

Notice, "if the game were at home" along with the 15 wins being mentioned. Two thirds of their games were at home, a game in Mobile as well, along with three in exhibition. Beating Davidson in Annapolis isn't a big deal.

I don't mean this as a slight on Auburn's talent. A note of caution, perhaps. They are 3-2 in conference with the two losses on the road. Mississippi State, Auburn's lone road win, just walked through Georgia at home after beating Mizzou by around 25.

If Frog had wings, if only!!

LMAO! ...... maybe we should just let the barn play all their games at home.

Back
Top Bottom