| FTBL Alabama Football Logos and Mascot through the years.....

On the uniforms, I am a purist.

I do like way UT puts the T on their thigh pads. I think the Alabama A would look good on ours. Also like the idea of a small A on the waist or at the top of the Crimson pin stripes right at the waist. Either of those additions would be subtle but really cool IMO.

10571624.jpeg

On the uniforms, I am a purist.

I do like way UT puts the T on their thigh pads. I think the Alabama A would look good on ours. Also like the idea of a small A on the waist or at the top of the Crimson pin stripes right at the waist. Either of those additions would be subtle but really cool IMO.

10571624.jpeg

Did a version of that for the Pro Combat uniforms against Mississippi State.

1703772078538.png

Did you know that during the 1992 Championship game. No mention of Big Al being played by a woman.

First female Big Al, University of Alabama mascot Lena Thomas Austin (1971- )

Austin, a Huntsville native, was the first woman to portray Big Al, the elephant mascot for the University of Alabama Crimson Tide. She portrayed Big Al from 1992-94. She graduated in 1994.

@Kirk Van de Graaff
Very interesting...

Had seen most somewhere along the long line...somewhere. Someplace

But. Never had see a poster of such below....maybe someone else has...

View attachment 26710

And matched a lampshade i found years ago

View attachment 26711

My daughter got me a shirt from The Shirt Shop with the punting Big Al on it for Christmas. They are starting to drum up more old logos to put on clothes as they are coming back. If only I put this idea into a top notch promotion 12 years ago when I had the nostalgic idea. It all started with the vault A logo and the four legged Uga logo and how you couldn't find them on clothing anywhere anymore. Did a whole business class project on it in Marketing. Now, they're making millions on digging up the old bones.

Alabama copyrighted the script A as an alternate logo in 1962. Used that fact many times to dispel the malarkey about Bama copying the Atlanta Braves script A. The Milwaukee Braves moved to Atlanta in 1966.

May have put an end to it because it's been several years since I have seen that foolishness. Didn't hurt to inform them that the baseball team had used the script A on their caps off and on since the 20's and Coach Bryant was wearing one on the cover of the Alabama 1958 Media Guide.

View attachment 26709
This is the one I like the most. Because it the one my wife got me right after we got married. It on a plaque I still have.

I had (well, still have) a UA hat from the mid 80’s that had that logo on the front. Wore it as a kid. The unique thing about it though, it had a button inside the bill that when pressed played ‘Yea Alabama’. The really neat part is, last time I checked (a year or two ago), it still worked. My iPhone battery dies every 4 hours, yet that hat is still spitting out the fight song over 35 years later.

I like the charging elephant on some early/mid-60's glasses. Both appear to be available on Ebay right now, not too pricey. @50+yeartidefan I believe you have them, too:

1703852080826.png

1703852209987.png

Back
Top Bottom