| FTBL Alabama Football Book Recommendation

I know your asking about books, but the Bryant Museum had a DVD for sale called Twelve that is a full version of the 1992 NC game versus Miami. It is a 2 disc set with lots of interviews and highlights of the year leading up to the game. Pretty nice.

Rolltide24 said:
I know your asking about books, but the Bryant Museum had a DVD for sale called Twelve that is a full version of the 1992 NC game versus Miami. It is a 2 disc set with lots of interviews and highlights of the year leading up to the game. Pretty nice.

I love the price... $19.92 :D

my recommendations:

ALABAMA Football Vault
Always ALABAMA
The Missing Ring
What It Means To Be Crimson Tide
Crimson Nation

i've read all of those among others that have to do with BAMA Football. there are so many that it's difficult to list them all and picking one to recommend over the others.

a quick search on amazon.com revealed more than a few choices.

I've got about a dozen books on Alabama. A lot, tend to cover the same things but told from different perspectives. Some, very interesting.

Heck, Crimson Coronation is a fiction book but was a good read.

A lot depends on what era you want to read about Alabama.

Bear written by Bryant and Underwood is a good read on his career. Bama After Bryant by Don Staffo is is another good perspective on Perkins, Curry and Stallings.

I have the Alabama Football Vault. Very interesting. Has reps of old football tickets & newspaper articles you can pull out and read. Full off all kinds of information. I have read just about all Alabama football books except The Missing Ring. Looking forward to that one.

rhinobama said:
I have the Alabama Football Vault. Very interesting. Has reps of old football tickets & newspaper articles you can pull out and read. Full off all kinds of information. I have read just about all Alabama football books except The Missing Ring. Looking forward to that one.

The good thing about The Missing Ring is that it is very well researched and draws on many sources. It's like reading mini-biographies of significant players of that era. There's a good bit of background on Ray Perkins, Ken Stabler and many others.

RTR,

Tim

In terms in Alabama Football history, I think the definitive book is "The Crimson Tide; a story of Alabama football" by Clyde Bolton. He first published it in '73, but he has revised it several times. Clyde is retired from the Birmingham News and living in the Trussville area, I think.

Bama fans should aggravate the hell out of him until he does a new revision.

Has anyone read Saban's Book "How Good Do You Want to Be"?

How is it?
I heard that it was not so much about football as it was about leadership and management. It that true?

Back
Top Bottom