| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž Alabama Falls in Monday Slugfest at Florida, 12-7: Wins Series 2-1

I thought she was out before 'blue' called her safe.

The throw on Goodnight going into second in the 8th was more questionable to me.

It's on ESPNU right now. Literally, just watched Dallis sliding in.

Replay ... frustrating thing to understand what Birmingham is seeing without any explanations.
I totally agree. The throw beat her so I thought easy out call. She was called safe then the replay didn't show where the tag was applied. I would just think in that situation you would have to go with the call on the field unless they had an angle they didn't show on TV.

For what it's worth I think they got the Dallis call wrong as well but what do I know.

A bit of a crazy stat ...

Before the ladies headed to Baton Rouge we were talking about how the Tide fared when they were on the road versus LSU: their winning percentage is around .333, if that, after losing the series this year 1-2.

Over these last several years it's been Florida or Alabama for the SEC with Arkansas sneaking in for a share of the regular season last year.

Oddly enough, when Bama has been on the road they've won the last four series in Gainesville: '22, '19, '16, and '14.

LSU is just a weird place to play for the Tide whereas Florida, a better opponent, has been a favorable road series.
Me thinks it could be some corn dawg luvin' umping going on there. :unsure:

Last edited:

GAINESVILLE, Fla. ā€“ Alabama softball took an early lead over Florida in Monday's series finale, but a six-run fourth inning ultimately pushed the Gators ahead enough to defeat the Crimson Tide, 12-7.

Alabama (33-6, 10-5 SEC) jumped ahead early with a first-inning home run from Bailey Dowling before Florida (32-8, 8-7 SEC) tied it with three runs over the next three innings. A two-run home run from Ashley Prange in the top of the fifth put the Tide back ahead but the Gators piled it on in the bottom of the fourth scoring six runs to surge ahead, 9-5. Florida added three more runs in the sixth to make it 12-5 but a solo home run from Dowling in the top of the seventh looked to spark a rally, with Alabama continuing on to load the bases with two out. A bases-loaded hit by pitch moved everyone up 60 feet to make it 12-7 but a fly ball to center ended the rally and the game.

Prange's home run was part of a three-hit day for the senior, her second three-hit game of the season and the seventh of her career. It also extends he reached base streak to 15 games, and Dowling extended hers to 12 games with a pair of home runs and three RBIs. Dowling has at least one hit in seven of her last eight games and at least one RBI in five of her last seven. She finished the weekend batting 4-for-9 with three home runs and five RBIs. Kaylee Tow went 3-for-4 Monday, finishing the weekend at 7-for-12.

Highlights​

• Alabama falls to 45-40 all-time vs. Florida, including a 23-14 mark in Gainesville
  • The loss snaps a four-game win streak by the Tide in the series
  • Alabama is 26-4 this season when scoring first and 14-2 when scoring in first inning
  • The 14 hits marked a new season high for the Tide
  • Dowling now has at least one hit in 7 of her last 8 games and an RBI in 5 of her last 7
  • Prange tied a career high with three hits, her seventh multi-hit game of season
  • Jenna Lord was 5-for-11 on the weekend with 4 RBIs
  • Prange extended her reached-base streak to 15, Dowling to 12

Coach let the team fall a part in the 4th. Should have had a replay on the intereference at home for sure. Then brought in a pitcher known to be wild IF she couldn't control the ball. If your scouting report consists of that, it doesn't seem like the best spot to insert her into the game. First baseman should also catch an easy pop foul ball by the dugout. Simple stuff like that gets you out of an inning with a chance to hold on or some back. I blame this one on Coach Murphy.

Without ever developing an off speed pitch it is easy to predict the speed. Sometimes it takes a while to catch up to the speed but good teams make the adjustment.

As a travel ball coach, I worry way more about pitchers that can throw a change up for a strike at any point in the count than I do about a girl throwing gas all the time. The girl throwing gas may beat us the first time through but eventually we catch up to it. A pitcher that keeps you off balance makes things way more difficult.

Where do y'all play out of and what age?

Back
Top Bottom