| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Completes Comeback to Defeat Mississippi State, 66-63

What I liked about the game is that we were not on our A or B game but still found a way to compete and come out with a win. With our high ranking, we are going to get everyone's best shot. MSU had a ton of points in the paint in the 1st half, hit some very timely 3's, defended well and took the game right at us. Yes, it was a stressful win but one that should help us in the long term.

Last edited:
Big picture a good win. This is why elite D is required. Shots will not always fall or there will be some challenging matchups. As much as a struggle as it was this may be as impressive of a win or at least most valuable they have had in SEC play. Struggle games create mental toughness. They defintiely grew mental toughness in this game.

ESPN doesn't get much right, but in general, the hires they make for SEC football/basketball/baseball analysis on the SEC Network are pretty good overall.
I offer up Takeo Spikes as a rebuttal :).

I offer up Takeo Spikes as a rebuttal :).

They’re not all great, but I think most are. Spikes doesn’t bother me as much as most, but I watch less of their football coverage than I do the other stuff so maybe it’s that.

By far the worst thing they do is involve Finebaum way too much. Anything he’s on is completely unwatchable.

Blame me, I put $100 on us to cover. I called the last however many games that we'd cover, but finally put something on it and it put us in a funk.
Weird night overall for me. Took the under, lost. I fretted about taking UT giving that many points but did so just to shut a UT fan up...and won.
So...at night's end I'm down the vig. Oh well.

The first matchup against Mississippi State in Starkville started the streak of SEC wins back on Dec. 28, and it was actually the smallest margin of victory for Alabama during this streak at just 11 points. Oats isn't necessarily concerned about how many points the Crimson Tide wins by, but he does want his team to play better, particularly on defense, than it did in the first meeting with the Bulldogs.
From the SI article someone posted.

Based on his interview after the game, I think he probably changed his mind a bit.

Oats isn't necessarily concerned about how many points the Crimson Tide wins by,

From the SI article someone posted.

Based on his interview after the game, I think he probably changed his mind a bit.

It's a bad assumption in the first place. While the NET won't release their numbers (due to the fear someone might reverse engineer their process, or lack thereof) you can tell they do pay attention to MOV. MOV, aka ...

Sometimes, you need that “survive and advance” game in January to “bring you back down a peg or two” without actually losing. Good teaching tool. Oats can express that there will be games come March that will be like this, shooting goes cold, refs call it extremely tight, no flow or tempo allowed to build. Defense and rebounding and then hitting FTs allowed for the victory.

This is kinda out of left field, but I have a feeling at some point later in an important game, Rylan Griffen is going to hit a big shot to give Bama the win at the end, or he's going to just go off an hit about seven 3's one night. I also have this feeling that Brandon Miller is going to score a brazillion points on auburn when they play in Tuscaloosa.

This is kinda out of left field, but I have a feeling at some point later in an important game, Rylan Griffen is going to hit a big shot to give Bama the win at the end, or he's going to just go off an hit about seven 3's one night. I also have this feeling that Brandon Miller is going to score a brazillion points on auburn when they play in Tuscaloosa.
Agree with both of these. Griffen just seems to be getting better and better. Miller has the mentality to want to stick the knife in against the Barn.

Back
Top Bottom