| FTBL Alabama Book Store loses UA online contract...

That really sucks. I liked the local "flavor" of the Bama Book store having the Bamastuff website and all.

I'm afraid with all the changes that are coming about that NCAA football is headed in the direction of NFL and only the rich or corporate will be able to afford to go.

I listened to Gene Hallman on the radio yesterday and I really have mixed emotions about all that is going on. The gameday website and some of the other things are great tools, but it is getting to be that everything costs more and more. Just like the 120 spaces to tailgate out on the quad now that are $100 per game. I hope it doesn't go too far, but I'm afraid it will. :?

Porter said:
I've got mixed feelings on this one. I understand going for the $$$$$$$... but I really kinda wish UA had stuck with the Alabama Book Store. Like the owner says in the article, it would have kept the money in town, and those folks are very good with customer service. In the end though, this might be the right call... I guess time will tell.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/artic...e=Alabama_Book_Store_loses_UA_online_contract

Yeah I can't say that I'm shocked and awed. UA has proven time and again that they'll do whatever it takes to get a dollar. Those people up there don't give anything away any more.

It's unfortunate that there's really nothing the school(s) can do about the rising cost of college athletics and the hoops they must jump through to fund them. It's just the cost of playing in the "A" league.
I make pretty good money, but it's totally unrealistic for me to expect to be able to take my family of 5 to a Bama game. If it's a conference game you're talking almost a grand just for tickets (if we're playing State). Get used to it folks. It ain't gonna get better. You could always to a University of Memphis game. I think they give those tickets away at Kroger.

I think it sucks, I completly understand the business side of it. At the same time however it just isn't right. I rarely order stuff online, but if I do, I will make sure its not from rolltide.com but from bamastuff.com

Nate said:
I think it sucks, I completly understand the business side of it. At the same time however it just isn't right. I rarely order stuff online, but if I do, I will make sure its not from rolltide.com but from bamastuff.com

...or our store. We need money too! :D

Disclaimer, our store is also run by TeamFanShop. :shock: :oops:

Well, if it makes any of your feel any better you should hear what the fans at UGA have to dish out. Some pay up to $10,000 for guaranteed parking, and this summer seats at Sanford Stadium opened up with donations starting at $10,000 as well. I hear similar stories from UT fans.

I don't like the direction this is all going either, but we're not alone. Thing is people still keeping paying it and demand is still high, so business-wise and economy-wise of course the University is going to keep the prices rising. They certainly aren't going got to get any extra money from the state.

Porter said:
Nate said:

...or our store. We need money too! :D

Disclaimer, our store is also run by TeamFanShop. :shock: :oops:
err yeah thats what I meant!!! lol I rarely buy bama stuff online though

Back
Top Bottom