| MBB/WBB Alabama Board of Trustees approves Nate Oats contract (including raise for Pettway)

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
So a few Oats threads ago around the time he was announced before his presser, I'd assessed that we'd more than likely be able triple his Buffalo contract, while still being able to come out cheaper than what we were paying Avery (3 mill), at around the 2.5 range.

Looks like I was onto something with that assessment.

$12,000 a year, or month?
Annually. However, there are a few things that aren't listed in this last article:

Other perks of the deal:

• Two dealer vehicles for personal use.
  • A membership to North River Yacht Club paid for by the school. Oats would be responsible for any other expenses.
  • $225 a month for a cell phone stipend.
  • $5,000 annual athletic apparel allowance.
  • Moving expenses to relocate from Buffalo.
  • The school will pay for four round trips to Buffalo while his family relocates.
There are also bonuses for performance on the court and in the classroom. An SEC regular-season or tournament title would be worth $50,000 a piece. An NCAA tournament trip is worth $50,000 in the first two seasons and $25,000 after that. Each tournament win will net a $25,000 bonus which jumps to $50,000 for Final Four wins.

If I recall correctly, there was another clause which gave him access to the University's planes a few times a year for personal use as well.

Back
Top Bottom