| FTBL AL A BAM A'S Frist Offensive Play Against Austin Peay?

Don't know about the first play, probably some off tackle run by McClellan or some such. I do have a lingering feeling that Bama will lean more into a physical style of football (more ground on pound) these next couple or 3 games to close out the year though. It was obvious Saban liked what he saw in some parts of 2nd half last week against Ole Miss when they did just that. He's stated more than once recently that they got away from that this season and went heavy pass in order to play to Bryce's strengths, but with the intention of switching back and doing more RPO and running in '23. The one thing that he didn't count on however was a WR group that couldn't handle it. I can't help but wonder if he doesn't hit the reset button now, heading into the final stretch. Wouldn't be adding any plays or a huge overhaul, just leaning more on the run game and challenging the OL a bit... sort of see what they are made of as we head into "transfer portal" season. Then again, Bryce may throw it 60 times a game... we will find out soon enough...

Don't know about the first play, probably some off tackle run by McClellan or some such. I do have a lingering feeling that Bama will lean more into a physical style of football (more ground on pound) these next couple or 3 games to close out the year though. It was obvious Saban liked what he saw in some parts of 2nd half last week against Ole Miss when they did just that. He's stated more than once recently that they got away from that this season and went heavy pass in order to play to Bryce's strengths, but with the intention of switching back and doing more RPO and running in '23. The one thing that he didn't count on however was a WR group that couldn't handle it. I can't help but wonder if he doesn't hit the reset button now, heading into the final stretch. Wouldn't be adding any plays or a huge overhaul, just leaning more on the run game and challenging the OL a bit... sort of see what they are made of as we head into "transfer portal" season. Then again, Bryce may throw it 60 times a game... we will find out soon enough...
I think it'll be a balanced approach, for 1st quarter and then run more throughout the game. We know what we have with receivers. Milroe needs more development. Some younger OL might see playing time tomorrow, so he's using this game to see what he has. He'll plan stuff for bowl season.

Back
Top Bottom