| NEWS AJ McCarron helping Mobile youngsters ...good work AJ

Fifteen youngsters thought they were making a routine shopping trip to Academy Sports and Outdoors on Airport Boulevard in Mobile on Friday. Little did they know, they were in for a special treat as the randomly selected winners from the 550 boys and girls registered for AJ McCarron’s annual youth football camp.

The first surprise came with the appearance of McCarron. The Atlanta Falcons quarterback and former Alabama All-American talked with each youngster, posed for photos and signed photos.

“My mom’s always been big into any type of charity work or giving back to the community and really instilled that into me at a young age,” McCarron said on Friday. “Listen, we grew up dirt poor on Dauphin Island Parkway, and we don’t come from much at all. To be able to be blessed and be where we are now, it’s only right to give back, so I’ve always tried to do things the right way and not have my last name, the McCarron name, brought into any bad spotlight, so to be able to give back to kids and, hopefully, have them be able to look up to me and how I’ve done things the right way, it’s just an honor and something we love doing.”

and more

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom