| FTBL After release from Raiders, McCarron signs one year deal with Texans

McCarron served as Derek Carr's backup during the 2018 season. He took 12 snaps and threw three passes for Oakland.

Had McCarron been on the Raiders’ roster on Friday, he would have received a $1.9 million bonus, and $1.1 million of his $3 million base salary for the 2019 season would have become guaranteed, too.

That was part of the contract that McCarron signed with the Buffalo Bills in free agency last year.

Last edited:
I thought he wanted to be a NASCAR driver

One thing is for sure, he already has the "trophy-wife" in order to do it.
😂

I am strictly an arm chair QB, but I have always felt like McCarron could make it in the NFL. With it being a business, I think timing and being with the right team at the right time plays such a huge role in a QB making it. He obviously possesses all the talent needed to be successful. Height/Arm Strength/Football IQ. How do guys like Flacco have a long successful career? I know he won a SB for the Ravens, but he was not a super star QB the likes of Brady, Rogers, Rivers, etc.

He did good things when he was at Cincinnati, but they hitched their wagon to Andy Dalton (6 years 96 Million) the same year they drafted McCarron. I remember the next year, Dalton gets hurt, AJ comes in wins that last few regular season games and had the play off game won, until a DB for Cincy makes a dumbass bone head play gets a penalty and puts the opposing team in scoring position. Season was over. With the big business that the NFL is, I think AJ makes it with the right team at the right time, but wherever he has landed, it hasn't been the best timing. Either way, he has probably made enough money to live comfortably and if he is not picked up by another team, he could always do like Tebow and make a ton of money working for ESPN and College Game day.

Last edited:
I think he was doomed well before he got into the League. Does this look like a franchise quarterback?
image003-1-e1505167305738.jpg

One thing is for sure, he already has the "trophy-wife" in order to do it.
😂

I am strictly an arm chair QB, but I have always felt like McCarron could make it in the NFL. With it being a business, I think timing and being with the right team at the right time plays such a huge role in a QB making it. He obviously possesses all the talent needed to be successful. Height/Arm Strength/Football IQ. How do guys like Flacco have a long successful career? I know he won a SB for the Ravens, but he was not a super star QB the likes of Brady, Rogers, Rivers, etc.

He did good things when he was at Cincinnati, but they hitched their wagon to Andy Dalton (6 years 96 Million) the same year they drafted McCarron. I remember the next year, Dalton gets hurt, AJ comes in wins that last few regular season games and had the play off game won, until a DB for Cincy makes a dumbass bone head play gets a penalty and puts the opposing team in scoring position. Season was over. With the big business that the NFL is, I think AJ makes it with the right team at the right time, but wherever he has landed, it hasn't been the best timing. Either way, he has probably made enough money to live comfortably and if he is not picked up by another team, he could always do like Tebow and make a ton of money working for ESPN and College Game day.
Coudn’t agree more on all points!

What a shame ....AJ just aint a gonna make it....
Wait...the B'ham Iron need somehelp
Yeah thats not true. Guaranteed he gets signed. The Raiders just weren't going to pay that salary for a backup. Only reason they traded for him was in case Carr got injured again and Gruden still seemed unsure about Carr in general. Looks like hes settled on him now and will probably draft a younger player to back him up.