| FTBL After JPW's int on Sat.

G

As he was coming to the sideline Coach Cignetti was the 1st one to him. I thought he was immediately headed for the headset, but JPW and Coach C spent a couple of minutes together. Coincidence? Maybe because he is WRs' coach? When the OC is upstairs is there a coach on the sideline to kind of assist in the offense? Just all got me thinking. :)

BamaDelta said:
As he was coming to the sideline Coach Cignetti was the 1st one to him. I thought he was immediately headed for the headset, but JPW and Coach C spent a couple of minutes together. Coincidence? Maybe because he is WRs' coach? When the OC is upstairs is there a coach on the sideline to kind of assist in the offense? Just all got me thinking. :)

No. The staff is on all the starters that way when they come off the field...whether it was a good or bad series.

When Ingram scored one of his touchdowns Cignetti was with him for a few minutes and when he left Burns was right there talking to him as well.

What you are seeing is coaching during the game. I know, it's a foreign concept since it's been so long since we've seen it.

Do this.

The next time you watch a game in person watch the collective group when they come off the field. You'll see them remain together as a coach is going over things about the last drive. What's even more important is you will also see the 2's and 3's in the same group taking in what is being said.

There are a lot of encouraging things going on right before your eyes right now Sandra. Try to sit back and enjoy watching it grow. :wink:

I will add that offensive coaches on the sidlines are talking with the OC upstairs. The same can be said for the defensive side. Chances are McElwain was saying something to Cignetti to relay on to JPW or it may have been that Cignetti saw the mistake from his receiver and was relaying it to JPW. Thing is, communication is always taking place from the booth to the sideline.

TerryP said:
The next time you watch a game in person watch the collective group when they come off the field. You'll see them remain together as a coach is going over things about the last drive. What's even more important is you will also see the 2's and 3's in the same group taking in what is being said.

There are a lot of encouraging things going on right before your eyes right now Sandra. Try to sit back and enjoy watching it grow. :wink:

I guess that's why I'm coming up with all these questions, Terry. It's all new. :wink:

Actually I've always seen the group come off and remain together (at least on D). They're right there in front of me, so I take notice of names and starters and such. I will say I'd never really seen the 2's and 3's join in so that's encouraging. I noticed Damion Square involved in some of that the other night, so I guess that's what you're talking about.

The biggest difference to me this year so far is the sideline seems very organized and well managed. Maybe the chaos of Alabama football is finally starting to settle down. :)

TerryP said:
BamaDelta said:

No. The staff is on all the starters that way when they come off the field...whether it was a good or bad series.

When Ingram scored one of his touchdowns Cignetti was with him for a few minutes and when he left Burns was right there talking to him as well.

What you are seeing is coaching during the game.
I know, it's a foreign concept since it's been so long since we've seen it.

Do this.

Which I love and we didn't see enough of in the past. Always teaching, always learning. I love it. Great for the players in development.

Back
Top Bottom