| FTBL African American QB's at Alabama

BamaRev

Verified Member
Can you guys help with the names of these qb's who played for Alabama ? I have three; Vince Sutton, Walter Lewis, & Andrew Zow. Are there more that I have missed ?

Porter said:
Southern Bama said:
When was Woodson playing :?:

He was a freshman in 1988.

Woosdson was mine as well. I believe Woodson graduated after Stallings' first season. I know Stallings used him some early that year.

Woodson was supposedly another All-World HS quarterback that went on to BAMA to do absolutely nothing. :(

I believe the first was Michael Landrum, but he later transfered to Southern Miss. I'm hoping no one remembers him though, he's probably the best one of all Alabama QB's to forget. Some of you might know what I'm talking about...

porkchop said:
Porter said:
Southern Bama said:
When was Woodson playing :?:

He was a freshman in 1988.

Woosdson was mine as well. I believe Woodson graduated after Stallings' first season. I know Stallings used him some early that year.

Woodson was supposedly another All-World HS quarterback that went on to BAMA to do absolutely nothing. :(

Danny Woodson also had a problem with the "bottle" if memory serves. He could never get his personal issues in order.

After Woodson...enter Jay Barker :)

~Bryan

Did Coach Bryant ever try to recruit Condredge Holloway or was the North Alabama product always Tennessee orange through & through?

After starring as a high school player at Lee High School in Huntsville, he was drafted as a shortstop by the Montreal Expos in 1971; Holloway was Montreal's first pick, and he was the fourth player selected overall. However, Holloway's mother, insisting her son attend college, refused to sign the contract (Condredge was 17, too young to sign a contract under Alabama law) and instead he went to Tennessee.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0iFQRCMCKo[/youtube]
This video epitomizes the type of competitor & athlete CH was.

Back then, when there seemed to be a mutual respect between Bama and Vol fans despite the rivalry, I really enjoyed watching Holloway play.

I always wished he had wore crimson and white.

TerryP said:
Tider27 said:
TerryP said:
Tider27 said:
Guess no one knew what I was talking about. :?

I don't know anything about Landrum. He didn't letter, I do know that.

Probably didn't. He's not a positive story anyway.

^^^ Pot-Stirrer ^^^

Guilty. Also just wanted to see if I knew something no one else did, but it's true he never lettered. :lol:

Outlaw said:
Tider27 said:

Can I share with the class? :lol:

Is that Anthony's father? Brother? Not sure? :oops:

PS - there's another one that isn't listed. Star Jackson. :wink:

Yeah his father, the infamous one in Sweet Water.

Tider27 said:
TerryP said:
Tider27 said:
TerryP said:
Tider27 said:

I don't know anything about Landrum. He didn't letter, I do know that.

Probably didn't. He's not a positive story anyway.

^^^ Pot-Stirrer ^^^

Guilty. Also just wanted to see if I knew something no one else did, but it's true he never lettered. :lol:

Outlaw said:
Tider27 said:

Can I share with the class? :lol:

Is that Anthony's father? Brother? Not sure? :oops:

PS - there's another one that isn't listed. Star Jackson. :wink:

Yeah his father, the infamous one in Sweet Water.

Thought so.

PM coming.

PS - Landrum didn't letter? I know he was there (and played) in '79?

Back
Top Bottom